Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Can't play eco lifestyle after downloading.

by southaltan

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Is there a way to remove the legacy edition? I have 2019 13" MBP that only has a 128gb HD. I don't have ample space, nor do I need the legacy edition. I purchased NK today and the legacy got installed as well. Super annoying..

Message 371 of 413 (549 Views)
Highlighted

@southaltan

Hey Standard smile LE isn’t running though right? The only way to uninstall the LE is to uninstall the whole game, disable automatic updates in Origin and then re-download it.

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to
Message 372 of 413 (522 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Packs wont install/download Sims 4

★★★ Novice

How do i patch my game up to date?

Message 373 of 413 (432 Views)
Highlighted

Re: How can I take out The Sims 4: Legacy Edition of my game?

★★★ Novice

Which should i use?Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 12.33.00 AM.png 

Message 374 of 413 (433 Views)
Highlighted

Re: how do I uninstall sims 4 legacy on Mac

★★★ Novice

I have a 2011 one but even before it worked fine i had tons of mods 

Message 375 of 413 (434 Views)
Highlighted

Re: how do I uninstall sims 4 legacy on Mac

[ Edited ]

@JDMDC497

You cannot run the current version of the game as your Mac does not support Metal, you can only run the Legacy Edition. If you want to run the current version which supports newer packs and gets additional content through patches you will need to get a Mac which supports Metal - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/td-p/8420037

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to
Message 376 of 413 (406 Views)
Highlighted

I can’t see anything on the Sims 4 gallery

★ Novice

I can’t see anything on the gallery. All I see is my builds. I can’t see or download anything. I used to be able to until I switched devices. Please help!! 

Message 377 of 413 (228 Views)
Highlighted

Re: I can’t see anything on the Sims 4 gallery

@BM8BM  Is your computer running the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?  The LE doesn't have access to the Gallery.  To double-check, please let me know your game version.  Among other places, you can find it along the bottom of the Main Menu, where you choose to load a save or start a new one.  Please list the full version, i.e. 1.xx.xx.xxxx.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 378 of 413 (208 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

My game is running on LE so how do I fix it? Also do you still need my game running thing?

Message 379 of 413 (180 Views)
Highlighted

@BM8BM  I don't need the game version if you're sure you're running the LE; that was just in case you didn't know how to figure it out.  Whether you can switch back to the standard version of Sims 4 depends on your computer's specs.  If it runs Windows, you can try telling Origin to run the 64-bit version.  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, select Game Properties > Advanced Launch Options, and select 64-bit from the dropdown menu.  Then right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair, for good measure.

If you can't run the 64-bit version, whether you don't see the option or the game throws an error (let me know which one), please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

If you happen to have a Mac, please post its full specs, including operating system, as described here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 380 of 413 (160 Views)
Twitter Stream