Re: cant find the university pack in game

by katelovtang

Original Post

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora thank you for telling me! i think that is the problem. should i try to uninstall it or should i just try and get a refund? again thank you for the help.
Message 381 of 849 (1,272 Views)

@katelovtang

You could try requesting a refund but DLC is not normally eligible Frown https://help.ea.com/uk/

If you get a newer machine that supports Metal you will be able to run it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 382 of 849 (1,244 Views)

Re: Can't play eco lifestyle after downloading.

★★★ Newbie

Before you purchase and download any EA Origin Sims 4 game, be sure it is compatible as they will not refund your purchase.  I was booted out of the whole game and can no longer download or purchase any games for my Mac.  Talks about SUCKS!  I got my money back for a game that didn't work--and they knew might now work--and then got booted out for good Frown.  I have spent so much money already this was very disheartening.  The games that would not work that I know of are (now) the Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, and Tiny Living.  All purchased, one refund, lost games, now I'm broke!  And bored.  As a consumer EA Origin should have or work on better customer service.

Message 383 of 849 (1,265 Views)

@leia55555

Discover University, Tiny Living, Eco Lifestyle, and all subsequent packs, if any, will not be compatible with the Legacy Edition of the game. It clearly states in the system requirements that a Metal supported Mac is required.

Are you saying that your Mac is not running the Legacy Edition, yet you still cannot run these packs?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 384 of 849 (1,481 Views)

Re: No access to gallery sims 4 legacy

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

wow. legacy is [CM - Removed]

Message 385 of 849 (1,370 Views)

★ Guide

Is there a way to remove the legacy edition? I have 2019 13" MBP that only has a 128gb HD. I don't have ample space, nor do I need the legacy edition. I purchased NK today and the legacy got installed as well. Super annoying..

Message 386 of 849 (1,872 Views)

@southaltan

Hey Standard smile LE isn’t running though right? The only way to uninstall the LE is to uninstall the whole game, disable automatic updates in Origin and then re-download it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 387 of 849 (1,845 Views)

Re: Installed packs not showing up in game

★ Novice

Is that the same for the Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack as well? I purchased and installed Cool Kitchen and Nifty Knitting  and only Cool Kitchen appeared to work. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Nifty Knitting as well as the Origin application with no difference. Whenever I try to find help through EA, their Live Support is not there. Thank you in advance for any help/response.

Message 388 of 849 (4,830 Views)

@nellenerak

Yes, LE users cannot install any packs released from Discover University onwards https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/td-p/8420037

AHQSigImage.png
Message 389 of 849 (4,474 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem! It is specifically discover university and tiny living! 

Message 390 of 849 (4,439 Views)