Re: No access to gallery sims 4 legacy

by dzm06

Original Post

★★ Guide
@Aoqi888 What hardware do you have? What version of macOS?
Message 10 of 849 (5,179 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@dzm06 I'm 64 bit but it's non-metal. It think the metal requirement is what's really gonna screw people. It's not gonna happen for me but I appreciate you trying. Standard smile
Message 11 of 849 (5,171 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Aoqi888 spoken to ea help. Have told me to update my mac to catalina. Will see what happens once ive done that and let you know. My mac was telling me it was up to date 🙈 hopefully i can get rid of legacy
Message 12 of 849 (5,163 Views)

★★ Guide
@Aoqi888 macOS has been 64-bit for a while, and The Sims 4 has been too. The difficulty is the Metal graphics change from Apple. Are you certain you can't update to a version of macOS that supports metal? Or is the problem that your GPU doesn't support Metal? What GPU/hardware do you have?
Message 13 of 849 (5,110 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@dzm06 spoke to ea downloading catalina now. But origin has already downloaded legacy so hoping i wont be stuck with it
Message 14 of 849 (5,105 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Pr1nc3ssam13 Good luck!
Message 15 of 849 (5,103 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Pr1nc3ssam13You don't necessarily need to upgrade all the way to Catalina, but you DO need to be on at least El Capitan (10.11), the first version of macOS that supports Metal AND you need to be on a computer that has a GPU that supports Metal.

What Mac model/year are you on?

Note: Mojave and Catalina won't install on Mac hardware that doesn't support Metal, so if the App Store is willing to let you proceed with the installation then you be OK.

Message 16 of 849 (5,100 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@dzm06 where do i find that info? 🙈
Message 17 of 849 (5,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@Pr1nc3ssam13Which info? What GPU you have? Whether it support Metal? Something else?

Message 18 of 849 (5,088 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@dzm06 Yeah, I'm on Sierra but the problem is that my computer is not Metal compatible. I checked yesterday.
Message 19 of 849 (5,088 Views)