The Sims 4 Gallery/Game Not Connecting

by PeachySimmss

Original Post

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Hey Everyone I have been having a problem with my game after going on it after the last update on the 17th. 

I wanted to get a base build from the gallery and I can't seem to connect to the gallery even when I'm connected to origin. I will post a video of what I mean usually when the game loads up there are the 3 little videos on the left side well they have disappeared and every time I click on gallery it tells me to connected then attempting to connected comes up it freezes and then finally unfreezes but comes back up with the box saying "unable to connect" I click try again and the same things happens. I've even repaired the game 3 times.

I have loads of CC so I thought it was something out of there but I disabled all the CC and tried it without it and it still does it no videos appear and I can't connect. 

It's frustrating, I just want to know if anyone else has the problem and how have they fixed it ?

PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S: I'm sorry for the video, I'm just stressed about this. Also I have no CC enabled while recording this 

Message 1 of 9 (6,359 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 4 Gallery/Game Not Connecting

★ Apprentice

I have managed to get it working after uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

I recommend if anyone has this problem back up your game files, move your The Sims 4 folder to the desktop and uninstall sims and origin. 

reinstall it and download sims 4 and wait for it to download again with the packs. 

play it without cc and mods first just to check it works and then add your cc and mods back in. 

I'm so glad its working again but it took uninstalling it for it to work again

View in thread

Message 8 of 9 (6,219 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@PeachySimmss

There can be many reasons for this,
1. First Origin.
Check if your Origin is up to date also clean Origin cache:
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/
Next step is to reinstall Origin using Revo (free version) - it will be clean all traces of bugged Origin from your computer
https://www.revouninstaller.com/revo-uninstaller-free-download/
and install again
http://origin.com/download

2. Second - your game folder

It is possible that your connection configuration with Gallery is damaged in your game folder. In that case, you should do a factory reset of the game folder.
Go to Documents/ElectronicArts - inside will be The Sims4 folder
Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder
Step. 9 If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder which- I hope - is working properly.

You can also look here but this tip is from a month ago and there have been two Origin updates since then
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/can-t-connect-to-internet/m-p/8149948#M149533

3. Last Windows update
The names of these options may be different for you because I don't have the English version of Windows.
1. Go to "All settings", then click the "rendering" tile:
2. "Game bar" - check if you have it turned off, if not turn it off.
- underneath - a white square with the inscription: "Open the game bar with this button on the controller" disabled (only for Xbox).
3. "Photo"
- the "Register in the background during the game" option should be turned off,
- "Record sound when registering game" is to be disabled.
- "Recorded video" option> frame rate - 30 fps (recommended) - enabled
- "Recorded video" option> frame rate - 60 fps - disabled
4. "Game mode" - to be turned off.

Personally, I think it is the game folder files that are to blame. Maybe you have too many things in the Tray folder.
Bay the way: - a comment on your video made me laugh: "one eternity later"... sometimes to really looks like it :D

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 9 (6,312 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for replying I did  try the 2nd option and even with a new folder for the game it done the same. 

I Will try option 1 but my download cache is empty, is it okay to delete the catalog Cache and Local Cache because I have a lot in there. 

I don't understand option 3 as I am on a Mac. 

But thank you!!!

Message 3 of 9 (6,287 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hey Everyone I have been having a problem with my game after going on it after the last update on the 17th. 

I wanted to get a base build from the gallery and I can't seem to connect to the gallery even when I'm connected to origin. I will post a video of what I mean usually when the game loads up there are the 3 little videos on the left side well they have disappeared and every time I click on gallery it tells me to connected then attempting to connected comes up it freezes and then finally unfreezes but comes back up with the box saying "unable to connect" I click try again and the same things happens. I've even repaired the game 3 times.

I have loads of CC so I thought it was something out of there but I disabled all the CC and tried it without it and it still does it no videos appear and I can't connect. 

It's frustrating, I just want to know if anyone else has the problem and how have they fixed it ?

PLEASE HELP!!!

UPDATE: It is the day after and I've had some tips given to me but none of them have worked. It is starting to really stress me out. If I could get some help please it'd mean a lot. I really do not want to uninstall and reinstall. 

Message 4 of 9 (6,276 Views)

@PeachySimmss 

Moved your thread to the Mac forum Standard smile There does seem to be an intermittent issue experienced by some Mac users when trying to access the Gallery.

Don't bother using a 3rd party app to remove Origin files, we have a specific tool for Mac users that does it for us, the Origin reset tool - https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If the Origin reset tool doesn't fix it, please move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop and launch the game so it is like new again. Can you now access the Gallery?

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 9 (6,270 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora I've done the origin reset tool and followed everything on that and still nothing!! I've never had a problem before, it to my knowledge worked fine until the update. I will try the moving of folders but if nothing then I do not know what else I guess I'll have to install it all again.
Message 6 of 9 (6,253 Views)

@PeachySimmss

Could you provide the specs I ask for to? It would be good to know more about your Mac.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 7 of 9 (6,240 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have managed to get it working after uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

I recommend if anyone has this problem back up your game files, move your The Sims 4 folder to the desktop and uninstall sims and origin. 

reinstall it and download sims 4 and wait for it to download again with the packs. 

play it without cc and mods first just to check it works and then add your cc and mods back in. 

I'm so glad its working again but it took uninstalling it for it to work again

Message 8 of 9 (6,220 Views)

★★ Novice

@kreatora 

Thank you so much! I was also having issues getting my gallery to open since the Sept. 17 update. It wasn't my mods, and it wasn't actually Origin. It was the copy of the Sims4 that was corrupted somehow. 

So I followed your steps to save my old Sims4 folder, deleted Sims and reinstalled. I tried opening Sims while the expansions were still loading and the gallery worked! So, I copied my saves and tray folders, as well as my mods and deleted the rest of my old Sims4 folder. Everything is working smoothly. 

THANK YOU X100000000!

Message 9 of 9 (4,006 Views)