The Sims 3 unable to enter high rise buildings

by millieee44

Original Post

The Sims 3 unable to enter high rise buildings

★★★ Novice

I tried to add some of the bars and nightclubs from the late night expansion pack into my current save in Isla Paradiso, however my sims refuse to enter? Whenever I try to make them visit they just stomp their feet and refuse to go in? It doesn’t even let me review inside the building either? 

Message 1 of 6 (1,267 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 unable to enter high rise buildings

@millieee44  Please double-check the lot type in Edit Town: it should be some kind of community lot, not residential.  And while you're there, go into Build mode on the lot and replace the front door with something else.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (1,254 Views)

★★★ Novice

I changed the lot type to dance club which is what the venue is but still my sim still wont enter. I also tried to delete the doors and replace it with a different one this still didn't work, I then tried to use an archway instead but still my sims refuse to enter?

Message 3 of 6 (1,222 Views)

@millieee44  Is there any kind of celebrity-level restriction on entering?  Can you see inside the building in live mode now?

Please also list the buildings you've placed.  I'd like to look at them myself, and if they're fine on my end, I have an experiment in mind that might clarify some things.

Message 4 of 6 (1,212 Views)

★★★ Novice

There are no celebrity level restrictions that I am aware of and I cannot see inside any of the buildings whilst in live mode only on build/buy mode. Also the buildings I have placed are the prosper room, the grind and aquarius. If you could look on your end that would be great Standard smile

Message 5 of 6 (1,197 Views)

@millieee44  I apologize for the late reply.  I was thrown off by one strange finding while testing and didn't realize the fix would be as simple as it is.  I tested in macOS and then in Windows for comparison, and here's what I initially found:

• In macOS, my sims couldn't get into the Prosper Room or the Aquarius but had no trouble with the Grind.
  • It's normal in both OSs that you can't see into the building in live mode; this changes once your sim is inside.
  • Replacing the doors had no effect.
  • In a save created in Windows and then transferred to macOS, my sims could access all the buildings with no edits.

So as you can see, I was distracted by what's different between a building placed while running the Windows version and one placed in the 64-bit Mac version, and I was all ready to send you a save to test in to see if you had the same results.  However, there's an easier way.  You'll need to enter these cheats, in order:

testingcheatsenabled true

restrictbuildbuyinbuildings off

Then for the Aquarius and the Prosper Room, delete the walls that angle inward in front of the doors and instead put straight walls, like so:

Screenshot.jpg

The sort-of-foundation is part of the building shell and can't be deleted, but that's fine.  This should work for both buildings, although my edits to the Aquarius were a bit more extensive, so if that one is still not cooperating, try deleting the wall the doors are on as well.

If your sims still can't get into the Grind, try replacing the door and turning it to face the other direction.  You can use the same door: I used the eyedropper tool to get an exact copy.

By the way, the gendered doors on the bathrooms will also need to be replaced with different doors.  This is a known issue with the 64-bit Mac version and doesn't have a workaround, as far as I know.

Message 6 of 6 (1,102 Views)