The Sims 3 pets don't work with "macOS Big Sur"

by lundquist02

Original Post

The Sims 3 pets don't work with "macOS Big Sur"

★★★ Newbie

I am playing on a Macbook Air from 2019 and just updated to the operating system "macOS Big Sur" version 11.0.1.With "Big Sur" it is now finally possible to play the Sims 3, which the previous operating system "Catalina" did not support. But I now do not manage to download the sims 3 pets. It's like "Big Sur" does not support it. I get error code 327682: 0, and do not understand why. Nothing works. Anyone explain why this does not work? Did I miss something?Sincerely!

Message 1 of 10 (4,936 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 pets don't work with "macOS Big Sur"

@lundquist02  Catalina did and does support the 64-bit version of Sims 3; it just doesn't run the 32-bit version.  The same is true of Big Sur.

The error you're seeing is what happens when someone tries to download the 32-bit version of Sims 3 in an OS that won't run it.  Please make sure you're downloading the correct version, both for the base game and for your pack.

DL 64-bit.png

If the 64-bit version isn't in your Origin library, or Pets isn't showing as owned specifically in the 64-bit version, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that the entitlement(s) be added to your account.  Please see this thread for more information:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/SOLVED-64-bit-Sims-3-content-not-in-Origin-library/m-...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (4,881 Views)

Can't install sims 3 on mac

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I am having trouble installing sims3 on origin on my MacBook. It took ages downloading, and when I tried installing the game it just says error: 327682:0 "problem installing". Can anyone help? 

Message 3 of 10 (4,713 Views)

Re: Can't install sims 3 on mac

[ Edited ]

@marianne_larssen  It sounds like you're downloading the old version of Sims 3.  That error is what happens when the 32-bit version is downloaded into Catalina or Big Sur.  Please make sure you're specifically downloading the 64-bit version instead:

DL 64-bit.png

If you don't see the above in your library, you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version (as well as any packs you own) be added to your library.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 4 of 10 (4,700 Views)

Re: The Sims 3 pets don't work with "macOS Big Sur"

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thank u very muchhhh!! u saved my life
Message 5 of 10 (4,780 Views)

The Sims 3- cannot install- needs external application macOS Big Sur

★★ Apprentice

Hello, I have tried contacting EA and they have tried helping, but I am still having this issue. I want to finally install my sims 3 that I have had since 2009 onto my newer macbook pro (2018). I have macOS Big Sur. First, I had to disable the origin client technical previews, restarted mac and origin, was then seemingly able to install the base game. Then, it got stuck on "finalizing." If I click on the game icon in my game library, where the "play" button usually is it says "install" so I click that and get a popup. It says I need an external application and if I press install it will do that for me. Click install, a second popup says unexpected installation error code 327682:0. I then uninstalled origin ("the hard way"), and restarted macbook and, redownloaded origin, and restarted everything again. Same process and issues. I have attached 4 screenshots of what is happening for more detailed information. I would love to get to play this on my better computer! Thank you to anyone who has any insight.

Also, I do have my old sims 3 files on my computer (from a backup of my old mac) but I moved them to my desktop from my EA folder. Not sure if that effects anything. EA didn't seem to think it did. They tried to get me to uninstall TS3 through origin, but when I right click on the cog, there is no option to uninstall-only install--> leads to the errors. I have never had sims 3 installed on this macbook.

Message 6 of 10 (4,716 Views)

Re: The Sims 3- cannot install- needs external application macOS Big Sur

★★ Apprentice

Also, wanted to ask, I see about this whole 64 bit thing. How do I know I have the 64 bit sims 3?

Message 7 of 10 (4,714 Views)

@hdxo7  From your screenshots, you're clearly downloading the old 32-bit version of Sims 3.  The new version says 64-bit on it:

DL 64-bit.png

From your screenshots, it looks like you don't have the 64-bit version in your game library.  You can click the Filter button in the upper right corner of your screen and dismiss all filters to make sure the game isn't merely hidden.

if that's not the issue, you'll need to contact EA customer support to ask that the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version be added to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 8 of 10 (4,700 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictThank you SO much. It took until today for the EA Help to understand what my issue was and help me fix it. I now have the game up and running. I have a new question that maybe you can answer or direct me to the answer. None of my expansions or packs are downloaded into the game. How do I get them back on it? I haven't played TS3 in so many years I cannot remember anything.

Message 9 of 10 (4,630 Views)

@hdxo7  Open your game library, click on the 64-bit Sims 3 icon, select Expansion Packs (or More > Stuff Packs), and each pack you own should have a "Download" button underneath it.  If the packs are listed as "unlocked" but there's no Download button, you'll need to go back to support (I know, sorry) and ask that the entitlements for those packs be added as well.  On the plus side, you can keep the support rep on the line until you confirm that your packs are downloadable.

Message 10 of 10 (4,625 Views)