Re: The Sims 3 custom content not showing up in CAS (Mac)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

The Sims 3 custom content not showing up in CAS (Mac)

★★ Novice

Hey, I've been reading a lot of posts regarding The Sims 3 issues with custom content on a Mac. I have been having the same problems too and I tried all of the advice that has been giving out to others to help. The game launcher is perfectly fine it just my cc is just not showing in CAS, but I downloaded some mods and my game reads it perfectly fine and it pops up every time I long on to play Sims 3. It's just my cc please help. I only downloaded cc from (Thesimsresource)

Message 1 of 10 (2,575 Views)
Highlighted

@Jazeeriii  Did you download .package files or .Sims3Pack files, and how did you install them?  Did you also delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 user folder after installing?  For reference:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 10 (2,556 Views)

★★ Novice

I downloaded .Sims3pack files. I also downloaded them from TSR I always delete the five cache files before I play the game and after installing the CC.

Message 3 of 10 (2,519 Views)

@Jazeeriii  The Custom folder in your first screenshot won't be read by the game.  To install Sims3Packs, the files need to be placed in the Downloads folder (the one inside the same Sims 3 folder), from where they can be installed through the launcher.  After that, you can remove them from Downloads if you want.

Message 4 of 10 (2,515 Views)

★★ Novice

This is what I saw when I log on to the game and go to CAS. The game reads the mods perfectly except the CC, I moved the Custom Content folder to the downloads and everything is the same from what I show in the screenshot.

Message 5 of 10 (2,509 Views)

@Jazeeriii  In order to install Sims3Packs, you need to do the following:

• Put the Sims3Pack files directly in Downloads, not in a subfolder
  • Open the launcher's Downloads tab, check off the new items, and click Install; please do this a few items at a time
  • Delete the five cache files again

Please do all of this and see whether your content shows up in-game.  If not, please check multiple ages and outfit categories; it's not always obvious from the download pages that some items are meant for one age or type of outfit.

Message 6 of 10 (2,501 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I did everything you told me to do, I downloaded a dress and followed all your steps and nothing showed in CAS. The dress is only shown in the launcher. I tried looking for the dress on a teen sim and a young adult sim I couldn't find or see the dress (The only CC I downloaded).
Message 7 of 10 (2,497 Views)

@Jazeeriii  Some custom content gets classified as store content, for whatever reason, so please go through the categories again and make sure the dress is in fact not installed.  If it's not, try repairing the game: open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, please move the DCCache folder, inside the Sims 3 folder, to your desktop, then install the dress again and see whether it shows up.  Moving this folder will effectively uninstall your store and custom content, but that can be addressed laster if you don't want to reinstall everything.

Message 8 of 10 (2,443 Views)

★★ Novice

I feel like this is the cause of the problem. I tried uninstalling the game and installing it again and this pops up, with this showing I can't repair The Sims 3 but the game is playable. 

Message 9 of 10 (2,439 Views)

@Jazeeriii  Try running the Origin reset tool, then see whether you can repair.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

Message 10 of 10 (2,429 Views)