Re: The Sims 3 Unknown Error Occured Issue on Mac - HELP!!

by ellamaree8

Original Post

@ellamaree8

Thank you so much for confirming the Found/Matched in the deviceconfig. I can update the article confirming that is correct Standard smile

I would be inclined to re-download and install the 1.67 digital patch again to try and fix the disc error. If it still doesn't work, it could also be an error caused by an erroneous file left behind from the base game disc install. If you have the time I would completely uninstall and reinstall again but that would be a last resort. You would of course need to apply the fixes again though.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 12 (380 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update:

I borrowed an external disc drive from a friend to test whether or not the 'no disc found' message would still pop up. Once I entered the disc it disappeared so I can still play if I have the disc loaded. 

I then took @puzzlezaddict's idea and installed Seasons EP to origin and then reloaded the game - without any disc in the drive this time - and it worked! I now have Seasons installed and it doesn't ask for a disc at all Standard smile 

I will now attempt to load some more, but thank you to the both of you! It seems for now my issues are solved Heart

Message 12 of 12 (355 Views)