Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: The Sims 3 Patch Download Unknown Error Occurred[Mac]

by Coolcambo

Original Post

The Sims 3 Patch Download Unknown Error Occurred[Mac]

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hello Technical Geniuses! 

We have a brand new Macbook Air 13 inch, early 2015. We have just downloaded and installed The Sims 3 from MacGameStore. Unfortunately, to play the game you need to download the latest patch. So we clicked download patch...minutes later it says "Unknown Error Occurred". 

So we tried to open it and then got the message "unknown error occurred." Then we installed it again (overwriting the first install). Downloaded patch only to get "unknown error occurred" once more.

Anyone know an amazing fix?

Thanks for your help!

@Bluebellflora  please and thank you in advance

Message 1 of 3 (98 Views)

@Coolcambo

Manually patching is the best way. Instructions here

However, the game is not compatible on your Mac due to the graphics card not being supported in the game. You may be able to play just the base game but adding in EPs makes the matter worse. For full details please read the stickied thread relating to post-2013 Macs at the top of this forum.

Using CC/Mods is at your own risk, EA are not responsible for making the game compatible with 3rd party content, the creator is. 

The Sims 3 Mac Help Thread - | - The Sims 4 Mac Help Thread -
- The Sims 3 Mac super patch 1.67 - | - Origin Reset Tool for Mac -
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Apple Signature.png
Message 2 of 3 (72 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hi

I managed to do a clean uninstall and install via your(?) instructions. Deleting all the Sims stuff from Library and then installing The Sims 3. I have managed to install EPs. The graphics play up a bit, as well as not being able to see the complete graphics options when changing them in-game...According to MacGameStore I had a compatible Graphics Card...Intel HD Graphics 6000...

Message 3 of 3 (70 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help