The Sims 3: No game disc found (MAC)

by cicirich2

Original Post

The Sims 3: No game disc found (MAC)

★ Novice

HELLO I recently purchased the Sims 3 plus Pets expansion pack (Hard disc). I initially installed the Sims 3 and proceeded to install all the recommended updates and patches. I then installed the accompanied expansion pack (Pets) and restarted my computer as suggested.

After letting the game load, I got as far as the Launch screen and a message popped up saying, "No game disc found! Please insert the The Sims 3 Pets game disc before proceeding." I inserted the disc and the prompt never went away after several clicks.

Online, I found the advice to install the game(s) through Origin. I uninstalled both games, restarted my Mac system, and reinstalled them with Origin. (Was never prompted to input theses code when loading through Origin site) Once again, the message popped up at the Launch screen when opening the game(s) through Origin's site.

How do I troubleshoot/fix this problem on a Mac computer? Why was I not prompted to input theses codes? 

Message 1 of 2 (9,108 Views)

Re: The Sims 3: No game disc found (MAC)

@cicirich2

Moved your post to the Sims Mac forum.

It sounds like you didn't uninstall completely. Please read the stickied thread here on working around the disc error issue - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

To properly uninstall your game please read these instructions.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (9,075 Views)