The Sims 3 Keeps Crashing!

by nessatay2223

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 Keeps Crashing!

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have a Mac and I am on the sims 3 64 bit, but ever since my Mac updated, my game has been crashing. I can only play the game for 15 minutes and then it crashes. I am not sure what to do....it never did that before. Also, there are some weird markings on the game like a see through road following my camera controls (Used my cursor from the game to point at what I am talking about). 

Message 1 of 5 (312 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Sims 3 Keeps Crashing!

@nessatay2223  I doubt that update would have any effect on Sims 3; I think it's more likely that something about your current save is causing problems.  Bridgeport has its share of issues, mostly with sims getting stuck in elevators and the dark NPC rooms in apartment buildings.

So it would be useful to compare with a new save in Sunset Valley.  You don't have to abandon this one; just start a new one and let me know how it runs.  If it's fine, we can focus on fixing your current save.

Please also delete the five cache files in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  While you're troubleshooting, they should be deleted every time you quit.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Make sure there's nothing in the CurrentGame folder either—it should always be empty unless you're actually playing.  If you find files in there, delete them.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (258 Views)

All Replies

@nessatay2223  Did your Mac have an OS update, and what did it update from?  (As in, were you already running Big Sur, or did you have an older OS before?)  What packs do you have installed, and are you playing in Bridgeport or a different world?

As for the lines on the floor, if there's snow on the ground, it's a known issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-64-bit-Walls-floors-cut-away-to-display...

Message 2 of 5 (286 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I was already running macOS Big Sur. There was a tvOS update, 14.4, for the mac. I have all of the expansion packs in my game. No stuff packs, and I am not using any mods. My sim lives in Bridgeport, and there is snow on the ground. 

Message 3 of 5 (273 Views)

@nessatay2223  I doubt that update would have any effect on Sims 3; I think it's more likely that something about your current save is causing problems.  Bridgeport has its share of issues, mostly with sims getting stuck in elevators and the dark NPC rooms in apartment buildings.

So it would be useful to compare with a new save in Sunset Valley.  You don't have to abandon this one; just start a new one and let me know how it runs.  If it's fine, we can focus on fixing your current save.

Please also delete the five cache files in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  While you're troubleshooting, they should be deleted every time you quit.  For reference, they are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Make sure there's nothing in the CurrentGame folder either—it should always be empty unless you're actually playing.  If you find files in there, delete them.

Message 4 of 5 (259 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! Once I deleted the files you listed. It didn't kick me out anymore. I appreciate your help!

Message 5 of 5 (212 Views)