Re: The Sims 3 Generation Expansion Pack

by nessatay2223

Original Post

The Sims 3 Generation Expansion Pack

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

So I was on the Sims 3 Store. I went to download all the free gifts to redeem if you purchased certain expansion packs. Well I came across one called “The Sims 3 Generation Registration Gifts”. I have purchased the Sims 3 generation game through origin and have been installed as well, but when I go to redeem this gift, it says to enter my code which I have no clue what my code is. I am able to redeem all the other gifts but this one. So, I went to investigate and found that on my launcher, the generation icon isn’t showing. Please help me solve this issue. Is there a way I can find my Sims 3 Generation code on origin? 

Sorry if this sounds confusing….

Message 1 of 5 (671 Views)

@nessatay2223  Technically, you could ask an EA support rep for your product code from Generations.  But that wouldn't help here.  Since you own the pack, the code has already been used, so you couldn't register it a second time.

The launcher not showing Generations as installed isn't the issue though, or at least it's not really an issue at all.  If you want it to show as installed, go into the "The Sims 3 Packs" folder and delete the folder labeled EP04 (Generations was the fourth expansion released), then download Generations again.  This should add the files that will make the Generations icon light up.

You can find a direct link to the store product page for the registration bonus content here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/INFO-How-to-Register-The-Sims-3/m-p/1364268#M69455

As long as the store page recognizes that you own Generations, you should be able to download the content regardless of what the launcher thinks is or isn't installed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (655 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hello, 

So I went to the Sims 3 Packs folder and found something odd. I do not have the folder that say EP04 but I purchased the game. 

I have attached a photo. That is so odd and explains why I am not able to register or why its not lighting up on the the sims 3 launcher. 

Message 3 of 5 (633 Views)

@nessatay2223  Okay, so Generations isn't installed.  Do you have the option to download it?   If not, if the 64-bit version is listed as "unlocked" but you don't also see an entry for Generations with a Download button (there will probably be multiple entries), you'll need to contact EA customer support and ask that the "entitlement," as it's called, for the 64-bit version be added to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you can in fact download the 64-bit version, then just do that.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 5 (626 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, thank you so much! 

Message 5 of 5 (615 Views)