Re: The Sims 3 DLC Issue

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 DLC Issue

★★★ Novice

Hey There, 

I have The Sims 3 University Life expansion installer on my laptop. This is the 32-bit version of the expansion and I just wanted to know if there's a way where I can get the CD-Key and get the 64-Bit version of it. I would just have to get EA-Support to help me get a 64-bit version.

Thanks Very Much!

Message 1 of 4 (1,174 Views)

Accepted Solution

@jai2_c  I don't think there's a way to find the CD key using the installer.  But my earlier point still stands: if you downloaded the installer from Origin, your account owns the pack, or at least the 32-bit version of it.  So either you already have the 64-bit version in your account, or you can simply contact EA customer support and request the entitlement.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (1,122 Views)

All Replies

@jai2_c  Do you have the installer downloaded, or do you have the pack installed?  As far as I know, the installer doesn't store the CD key—at the very least, you need to input the key in order to install a 32-bit pack.

If the pack is currently installed, you can find the CD key using Terminal.  You may also be able to find it if the pack was installed in the past and you didn't do a clean uninstall.

https://bluebellflora.com/finding-your-serial-key-using-terminal/

However, if you've downloaded the pack (or the installer for the pack) from Origin, you don't need to find the CD key, since the content is already registered to your account.  You should already have the 64-bit version of the pack in your game library.  If you have the 32-bit version in Origin but not the 64-bit version, you just need to contact EA customer support and request that the "entitlement," as it's called, be applied to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Message 2 of 4 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the installer downloaded

Message 3 of 4 (1,149 Views)

@jai2_c  I don't think there's a way to find the CD key using the installer.  But my earlier point still stands: if you downloaded the installer from Origin, your account owns the pack, or at least the 32-bit version of it.  So either you already have the 64-bit version in your account, or you can simply contact EA customer support and request the entitlement.

Message 4 of 4 (1,123 Views)