Re: The Sims 3 (64-bit) doesn't work on Mac

by realfabiomello

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Sims 3 (64-bit) doesn't work on Mac

★★ Novice

So I recently downloaded the new release of The Sims 3 for macOS. First time I launched it opened launcher but when I click play button in the launcher it just closes and opens origin showing finalising and like this over and over again so I repaired the game trough Origin. Them it seem to have fixed the issue but now when I click play button in launcher it opens the game, changes my screen's resolution to 3:4 (default when you haven't opened the game yet) and just shows my desktop with other windows opened so I force quit after waiting for 5 minutes... At this point I have no idea what to do. If needed: yes I have all owned expansion packs installed. I use 2015 21.5 inch iMac.

Message 1 of 4 (293 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Pro
@Simmerus first time you open the game take awhile, just be patient. I recommend start with a fresh folder of saved games and then moving your previous content, if you have, slowly. Good luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (275 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro
@Simmerus first time you open the game take awhile, just be patient. I recommend start with a fresh folder of saved games and then moving your previous content, if you have, slowly. Good luck!
Message 2 of 4 (276 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you! I waited a bit longer and it seem to have started. Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (271 Views)

★★ Pro
@Simmerus I am glad to hear that. Happy Siming!
Message 4 of 4 (261 Views)