Re: The Sims 3 64 Bit not Launching

by Gagie123

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

wrong photo, 
this is the files and folders thing with and without full disk access enabled for sims 3 and origin

Message 21 of 38 (584 Views)

@Gagie123

Thanks. And you've attempted to launch the game in the new user account? That should prompt the dialogue window to ask for permission to access the Documents folder.

Still in the new account, can you open Activity Monitor, make sure you're on the memory tab and post a screenshot of the bottom bit showing physical memory/memory used/cached files.

Then, in Activity Monitor, click on the CPU tab then go to File > Print and Save as PDF. Please attach the PDF to your post here or, if you prefer, PM it to me Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 22 of 38 (564 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes I have attempted to launch the game in the new user account and it has access to the documents folder

Message 23 of 38 (552 Views)

★★ Apprentice
also is the pdf supposed to be all white like that lol
Message 24 of 38 (552 Views)

@Gagie123 

No, it isn't, weird! Can you try again? Scroll down to the bottom and give it a minute to populate icons and info before PDF-ing.

If the game has access to the Docs folder that isn't showing in the previous screenshot. I don't have TS3 installed on this Mac but if I did it would show the same as TS4 after granting access:

Screenshot 2021-04-28 at 07.45.05.png

AHQSigImage.png
Message 25 of 38 (534 Views)

@Gagie123

Also, there must be other stuff running on your Mac to use nearly all the memory. To clear it restart your Mac and only log into the new account you created.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 26 of 38 (532 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I believe the first pdf was all white because my mac was on dark mode so the text was white on the white background

Anyways 

Is there a way to check that sims 3 and origin have access to the documents folder? I remember allowing access when I first installed them and the sims 3 folder shows up in the documents folder 

Message 27 of 38 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Gagie123

You can tell if they have access by looking in Files & Folders in System Preferences > Security & Privacy. In my screenshot you can see that TS4 has access to the Documents folder. It should show the same for you but for TS3.

In your Activity Monitor you have Wacom processes and drivers loading. I don't know if these would necessarily conflict with the game but you don't need them for the game so can safely quit the process in Activity Monitor.

Edit - is your Mac one that has been provided by your school? Do you have the full privileges of an admin account or is it limited? I'm asking because you have a studentd process running and after a quick google it's telling me this is related to Apple Classroom https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206151. I also see a process called SafeEjectGPUService and found this https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250378702 so it may be an idea to reset the NVRAM on your Mac and see if that helps https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204063

AHQSigImage.png
Message 28 of 38 (492 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It still just says full disk access in the files and folders tab

This is my own personal mac, all the accounts I've been using are admins, I just use it for my school

I don't think its not running because of a conflict with my tablet driver or my school stuff or just in general

Ive played the sims 3 64 bit on this mac before, but when I reinstalled it, it no longer works

My top two theories in my head are either there's some file(s) that never got deleted when I originally uninstalled it that are now causing problems or that when I bought seasons from a third party, it broke something

although both have their problems since idk why the files would affect a fresh account and I never installed seasons and I'm not trying to install any packs now

Message 29 of 38 (480 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Just checking in, anything new?
Message 30 of 38 (419 Views)