by Gagie123

Original Post

Re: The Sims 3 64 Bit not Launching

★★ Apprentice

heres the full crash log thing if that could help 

https://pastebin.com/kbLuVeNq

Message 11 of 38 (510 Views)

@Gagie123  I asked a couple of knowledgeable people for their thoughts on this thread.  One note is about the info listed in your crash log: it states that the library running Sims 3 found a serious error and crashed the program, but it doesn't say why.  (This is typical of crash logs.)  So figuring out the why still requires some experimentation.

Please list the install location of the Sims 3.app, as in, is it in Applications, Users > your username > Applications, or somewhere else?  Please also go back to Security & Privacy > Privacy, where you found the Full Disk Access settings, and open the Files and Folders settings in the same location.  Check all the boxes for both Origin and Sims 3, restart your computer, and test.

Also, please let me know whether Origin or Sims 3 is listed in the Accessibility settings in the same location.  I'm not sure whether it matters, but it was mentioned in the conversation, so it's worth checking.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 12 of 38 (489 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Macintosh HD > Users > insert my user here > Applications > TheSims3.app is the path
Couldnt check any boxes in files and folders because of the full disk access 

And it wasn't listed in the accessibility settings, origin was though 

Message 13 of 38 (487 Views)

@Gagie123  Try unchecking the Full Disk Access boxes and then manually checking everything under Files and Folders.  It's possible that the settings don't quite cover everything, even though they should.

Message 14 of 38 (484 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Neither origin or sims 3 show up in files and folders after I unchecked full disk access 

Message 15 of 38 (482 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I also cant click the + button to add them
Message 16 of 38 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Gagie123  Just checking, but did you click the lock to enable changes?  If so, please restart your computer and look again, to be thorough.

Edit:  It would also be helpful to see the window with the Files and Folders settings showing.  Hover your cursor over the window, click cmd-shift-5, and it'll take a screenshot of the entire window.

Message 17 of 38 (470 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I did click the lock, Restarting my computer didn't change anything 

Message 18 of 38 (456 Views)

@Gagie123

What else do you have running on your Mac? Including background processes. What are the icons in the top right corner of the menu bar?

In System Preferences > Users & Groups what do you have set to open automatically at login?

I notice you have OpenEmu and Crossover installed. When you created the new user account on your Mac did you also allow all those apps access in System Preferences? The new user account needs to be as clean as possible to avoid any conflicting between apps and processes.

Could you start up in safe mode - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh21245/mac then close down and start up normally again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 19 of 38 (444 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Apologies, i was on the wrong account, this is the clean new account
I did the safe mode thing
I have nothing that automatically starts at login on the new account, on the normal one just chrome
Nothing else is running in the background when I try to play the game

Message 20 of 38 (431 Views)