The Game isn't Working

by sheikhah1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

The Game isn't Working

★★★ Newbie

My game is becoming frustrating, it won't let me do anything and it's up to date! the game opens and when I try to open my household I can't, a note shows in the screen saying that I need to relaunch the game and even when I do it won't open.

I have no idea what is the problem, can someone please help me.

Message 1 of 3 (391 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: The Game isn't Working

@sheikhah1  Try repairing the game in Origin—right-click on the TS4 icon in your Origin library to see the option.  And then disable Origin in-game to see if that helps.

If you can't repair the game, you can run the Origin reset tool for macs and then try again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If you're still having trouble, you can see if a clean folder gets rid of your issue.  Drag your existing TS4 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  See if you can play a new save with this folder.  If so, you can move your saves and other content into it from your old folder, a bit at a time.  Keep testing the game to make sure it still loads and plays properly; if it doesn't, you'll know that one of the files you just added to your new folder is a problem and should be disgarded.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (445 Views)

All Replies

@sheikhah1  Try repairing the game in Origin—right-click on the TS4 icon in your Origin library to see the option.  And then disable Origin in-game to see if that helps.

If you can't repair the game, you can run the Origin reset tool for macs and then try again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If you're still having trouble, you can see if a clean folder gets rid of your issue.  Drag your existing TS4 folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  See if you can play a new save with this folder.  If so, you can move your saves and other content into it from your old folder, a bit at a time.  Keep testing the game to make sure it still loads and plays properly; if it doesn't, you'll know that one of the files you just added to your new folder is a problem and should be disgarded.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It finally worked, thank you 

Message 3 of 3 (369 Views)