Terrain Paint and Eraser not working

by lovelyscully

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Terrain Paint and Eraser not working

★ Novice

This has been an issue for a few months and I was surprised after not playing for a while that none of the updates have helped my issue.

When I try to use the paint brush, it only appears in a tiny circle where I originally clicked. Nothing appears when dragging the tool around. After clicking away onto other build tools for a while, the paint will then appear. Same goes for the eraser. This happens on every lot, no matter the world.

I am not playing in laptop mode, there are no floor tiles on the ground, and I've tried repairing the game. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3 (437 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Terrain Paint and Eraser not working

★ Novice

Sorry for the delay in response! 

My game started opening to a white screen so the process of reinstalling everything again and updating to Catalina took longer than expected. 

But everything works now! I suspect it was me holding onto Mojave that caused the lag. Thanks for your reply!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (368 Views)

All Replies

@lovelyscully 

Sounds like bad lag. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Could you also post a screenshot of your in-game graphics settings.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (407 Views)

★ Novice

Sorry for the delay in response! 

My game started opening to a white screen so the process of reinstalling everything again and updating to Catalina took longer than expected. 

But everything works now! I suspect it was me holding onto Mojave that caused the lag. Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 3 (369 Views)