TS3 for macOS, 64-bit, Nov 9, 2020 release notes

by MaxisJoe

Original Post

TS3 for macOS, 64-bit, Nov 9, 2020 release notes

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hey all y'all TS3 macOS Simmers!

It's been a pretty danged exciting week or two, hasn't it? A TS3 for macOS, 64-bit was released. There's been some surprising under-the-hood issues. I've heard rumors of some other things happening in the world too but I'm unclear of the details.

Here's what's new in the build rolling out today:

Build number: 1.70.305 (visible on the bottom of the Launcher app)

Updates button: No longer present on the Launcher screen

Packs/DLC not lighting up icons in Launcher: Works as expected if you are on Origin Beta/"Early Access" release. Will be fixed for everyone in next Origin update

Minimized/Hidden Game window makes macOS sluggish: If your Sims window is set to a large(ish) resolution (say, 1900x1200 or more on my Mac - yours may be different) and you minimize, or hide, or otherwise have the game window 100% off the viewable monitor, the the system could get really slow (sluggish Dock, slow text input, etc). This doesn't happen now

The .app icon is hidden/invisible: Not any more!

Stuck forever in "Finalizing": Not any more!

CMD-Z and CMD-Y repeat forever: Now they don't repeat at all. I think that's probably better. Hard to say!

And a note about entitlements: If you own The Sims 3 in your Origin "My Library" (for macOS or Windows), you should now have the 64-bit version for macOS as well. If you don't then that is not by design. Please reach out to Customer Support for help on that.

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 1 of 2 (11,233 Views)

Re: TS3 for macOS, 64-bit, Nov 9, 2020 release notes

★★★★ Novice

Yeeeah

Message 2 of 2 (10,909 Views)