Re: TS3 cannot sign in on Apple Silicon Monterey

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

TS3 cannot sign in on Apple Silicon Monterey

★ Novice

I have reinstalled The Sims 3 on my AS Mac running on Monterey.

I am able to sign in on the launcher, though it does not remember my e-mail nor sign in automatically, if those options are checked.

But I am unable to sign in, once the game is launched. I cannot type the @-symbol once the game is launched. Which means I cannot type in my e-mail.

Trying to paste the symbol from another window doesn't work.

I'm using a full keyboard with CH-layout.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6 (639 Views)

@manhill1983  Does this happen with other keyboard layouts?  You can add one in System Preferences > Keyboard > Input Sources.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 6 (630 Views)

★ Novice

It seems to not recognize key-combinations with 'option'.

I can insert the @-symbol on english layout, because it uses a key-combination with 'shift'.

Message 3 of 6 (621 Views)

@manhill1983  I hadn't heard of that particular issue, but that would explain why people haven't been reporting it.  The good thing is that if you choose the option to "keep me signed in," you shouldn't need to reenter your email address or password, so you can switch back to your preferred keyboard layout.

Message 4 of 6 (607 Views)

★ Novice

That's also working now. It seems, the launcher only remembers your login-data, once you sign in in the main game.

You're right about the issue. It still should get solved, some people might get problems with their passwords, if they use symbol that need a key combination with 'option'.

Message 5 of 6 (560 Views)

@manhill1983  It's counterintuitive how the game remembers your data and has actually been updated for 64-bit.  If you're curious, open Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access and search for "sims" without quotes.  You'll see a couple entries with "Sims3" in them.  Deleting those would cause the launcher to forget your login data.

Message 6 of 6 (551 Views)