TS3 broken after I change graphic settings

by rudaM1997

Original Post

Accepted Solution

TS3 broken after I change graphic settings

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

hey! so i just bought the sims 3 on origin (starter pack). the graphics were low so i wanted to change them ( usually i play with high graphics)

so i did. then this happened. i have a macbook air and i have no idea what to do. someone please help!

Message 1 of 4 (715 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: TS3 broken after I change graphic settings

@rudaM1997  Can you still load the game to the Main Menu?  You could always change your settings there, quit, and reload.  (It can mess up your game if you don't quit first after changing certain settings.)  Even if you'd prefer to play with higher settings, your computer almost certainly can't handle maxing things out.  Macbook Airs have weaker hardware than proper gaming computers, and the integrated graphics card in particular is going to struggle with this game.  The biggest resource hogs are water detail and number of high detail lots, so it's best to keep those on low or medium and 2, respectively.

If you can't even load the game, just pull your options.ini file out of your TS3 folder in Documents.  The game will spawn a new one, and you'll hopefully be able to adjust your settings again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (724 Views)

All Replies

@rudaM1997  Can you still load the game to the Main Menu?  You could always change your settings there, quit, and reload.  (It can mess up your game if you don't quit first after changing certain settings.)  Even if you'd prefer to play with higher settings, your computer almost certainly can't handle maxing things out.  Macbook Airs have weaker hardware than proper gaming computers, and the integrated graphics card in particular is going to struggle with this game.  The biggest resource hogs are water detail and number of high detail lots, so it's best to keep those on low or medium and 2, respectively.

If you can't even load the game, just pull your options.ini file out of your TS3 folder in Documents.  The game will spawn a new one, and you'll hopefully be able to adjust your settings again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (725 Views)

★★★ Novice

i did everything you said, and it still doesn’t work!

i wanted edge smoothing (you don’t need to close and open the game for that) and it didn’t work. of course i tried closing the game, but it didn’t work. Frown

i guess i just have to get used to low settings Frown(

Message 3 of 4 (681 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @rudaM1997,

Sadly, as puzzlezaddict explained greatly (XP for you!), it doesn't look like the computer can handle high settings.

If you have any other computer with higher specifications, you could try to play there.

Cheers,
-Mai

PS. Moving this thread to The Sims Mac forum Wink
Message 4 of 4 (661 Views)