Symbiotic link help

by LittleMissDw2

Original Post

Symbiotic link help

★ Novice

Hello everyone 👋🏾,

so I’ve used The symbiotic link method to transfer my documents folder over to my toshiba hard drive. It worked I have the alias and I set my origin file up for the hard drive. When I go to run the app I continue to get an error message saying that the sims is running. Now I’ve restarted and made sure to eject and reattaching my drive and it still says this. Please help😭

Message 1 of 6 (531 Views)

Re: Symbiotic link help

@LittleMissDw2

Please see instructions here for the error messages thrown up after creating the symlink - https://bluebellflora.com/saving-your-sims-4-folder-to-an-external-drive/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (511 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I’ve followed your directions to a T. My hard drive is plugged in correctly and everything has been granted full access.
Message 3 of 6 (498 Views)

@LittleMissDw2

No idea I'm afraid. It does work so I would suggest checking System Preferences and making sure Origin and the game have access to external drives in the relevant Privacy tab.

But ultimately my guide is on an external site and this is the Sims 4 section on EA's site. You're better off leaving a comment in the article, and definitely read through the comments.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, @Bluebellflora 

I keep trying to make comments on your website and it won't let me. I'm ready to throw my computer now 

Message 5 of 6 (438 Views)

@LittleMissDw2

Ok, that's a problem on your end so I can't help you there I'm afraid Frown

You need to check your external drive permissions in System Preferences and restart your Mac, as others have commented in the article.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (422 Views)