Super Laggy Sims 4 Game (Mac)

by huunneerr

Original Post

Highlighted

Super Laggy Sims 4 Game (Mac)

★ Novice

Hello!

So to begin, I have a Mid 2015 Macbook Pro and it is updated to the latest update (Mojace 10.14.15).

I currently have the Sims 4, seasons, parenthood and laundry day installed. Before the June update my game ran wonderfully with no lag, I was able to use my track pad for camera control and I was able to have my graphics be at the medium to high level. Since the June update my game has became so laggy that I can't even stand to play it for 5 minutes. And camera control with the trackpad is extremely limited, I can't even use it to rotate. I contacted EA and followed the directions I was given (to rename the sims 4 folder, then start the game back up so it makes everything new), and that did not help. Then I tried to repair the game in origin and that did not help either. I also turned down the graphics to the lowest they would go, that also did not do anything.  Does anyone know if this issue will be fixed with the newest update coming out? I'm really wanting to get City Living while it's on sale, but if this isn't going to be resolved then I don't see any point in making the purchase. 

Thanks-

Hunter

Message 1 of 2 (767 Views)

Re: Super Laggy Sims 4 Game (Mac)

[ Edited ]

@huunneerr 

Have you updated your game and has it improved? If not, please could you be more specific about which 2015 MacBook Pro you have. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The trackpad issue was a known bug, we had a whole thread running on it. It was fixed in today's patch - https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-Zoom-and-rotate-Trackpad-controls-not-working/m...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (735 Views)