Stuck on loading screen - Macbook Pro

by AutumnBuzzz

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stuck on loading screen - Macbook Pro

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help.

My friend recently got me the Sims 3 video game via Steam, (I converted it to Origin) and I've started to play the game on my Macbook Pro. (See information below, e.g Processor)

It works perfectly fine sometimes, but most of the time, it gets stuck on the windowed loading screen. (The one with the blue background and the signature sim green crystal in the middle.)

The window never closes either, forcing me to use activity monitor, but still when I attempted to open the game again, it says the following: "Cannot start the process when the Game is running. Please quit the game and try again." I then restart my computer, but the same thing happens, it goes straight to the blue background with the crystal in the middle!

Here are my MacBook Pro details:

OS X Yosemite

Version 10.10.5

Macbook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Serial Number  <edit code>

I know for sure that it is not that my laptop has enough storage to handle it, as I have been able to access the games a couple of times, but each time I have, it has frozen and I have to reboot my whole computer as it is in fullscreen and there is no way out.

Thank you for your time, I hope what I said makes sense, if you need anymore details, let me know.

Message 1 of 3 (2,627 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stuck on loading screen - Macbook Pro

@AutumnBuzzz

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the problem is with your computer. The Sims 3 is not compatible on your model Mac due to the graphics card not being supported. There is a stickied thread specifically related to post-2013 Macs on this forum, with a list of affected Macs, yours being one of them - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

Please read the opening post and follow the link to try the the manual workaround yourself. It seems to work for some but not everyone. 

Locking this thread but feel free to post in the above linked sticky Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (3,366 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@AutumnBuzzz

moved to the Mac forums

@Bluebellflora   please and thank you in advance

Message 2 of 3 (2,610 Views)

@AutumnBuzzz

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the problem is with your computer. The Sims 3 is not compatible on your model Mac due to the graphics card not being supported. There is a stickied thread specifically related to post-2013 Macs on this forum, with a list of affected Macs, yours being one of them - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Issues-playing-on-newer-post-2013-Mac...

Please read the opening post and follow the link to try the the manual workaround yourself. It seems to work for some but not everyone. 

Locking this thread but feel free to post in the above linked sticky Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 3 (3,367 Views)