Stuck in Update Loop

by mjstern101

Original Post

Stuck in Update Loop

★★ Novice

Can't Get Away from Requirement to Update

My daughter is trying to play Sims 4 on Mac and it has this constant message that the game needs an update. I select the Update button and it says, "The Sims 4 Digital Deluxe is up to date." I close the notification window but the Update button remains and never turns to Play as expected. I've run the ResetOrigin tool. I've tried right-clicking and selected Repair. I've deleted the Cache.

Setup

The Sims 4 app is in the system applications folder but the game library location is under her user profile, per usual (we have separate user profiles on this shared computer). I have tried giving her account admin privileges in case this made a difference, but it didn't.

Any help would be appreciated. I've attached screenshots.

Message 1 of 3 (518 Views)

Re: Stuck in Update Loop

@mjstern101 

Could you please try this:

1. In your Applications folder right click on the Sims 4 app and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Navigate to Contents > Mac OS.
  3. Right click on The Sims 4 and select Move to Trash. Don't drag the file as it will only move an alias and leave the original in place.
  4. Now open Origin, right click on The Sims 4 in your Games Library and click Repair Game.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (476 Views)

Re: Stuck in Update Loop

★★ Novice

Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately it didn’t work. Still stuck in the same update loop. 

Message 3 of 3 (446 Views)