Store content won't download

by nickdebucci

Original Post

Store content won't download

★★ Novice

So I'm trying to download Triple Riches Slots O'Jackpots Slot Machine from the Sims 3 Store. I first tried to do this in-game, but the launcher "quit unexpectedly." I reopened the launcher and checked my downloads, and the item wasn't there. Next I went to the online store and tried to download it from there, and the same thing happened. I turned off my antivirus software and tried again; same thing. I tried to download other store items, and they all got the same error. Can anyone help me with this?

Here's the error my Mac gives:

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4

And here's the error the game gives: 

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSRangeException', reason: '*** -[__NSArray0 objectAtIndex:]: index 0 beyond bounds for empty NSArray'
Message 1 of 6 (458 Views)

Re: Store content won't download

@nickdebucci

The Launcher is so temperamental, try these instructions for installing CC - https://bluebellflora.com/installing-sims-3-store-content-on-a-mac/

And definitely make sure to clear RAM before installing.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (423 Views)

★★ Novice
I did all the steps, including purging my RAM, and it still gives me the same error.
Message 3 of 6 (416 Views)

@nickdebucci

There have been ongoing issues with the store for years unfortunately. Which Mac do you have and what version of macOS are you running? If it's not a supported Mac then you may need to apply some of the fixes in the help thread to make the game stable before trying to download content into it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (406 Views)

★★ Novice
I am using an 11-inch MacBook Air from early 2015, running High Sierra 10.13.14.
Message 5 of 6 (400 Views)

@nickdebucci

Is this just a Store item issue? Can you actually play the game? Your Mac isn't supported but the game should be playable, depending on which packs you have installed. Have you tried any of the fixes I linked to?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (351 Views)