Re: Specific Save Crashes in Map View

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Specific Save Crashes in Map View

★ Novice

Hello and thank you for trying to help,

So I play the Sims 3 64 bit on my Mac, I used to play on an hp and had very little problems but have experienced a ton more since moving computers....I decided to start from scratch (and also because I had no choice being no longer in possession of my old pc) and shouldn't have any issues with my save files. I do have NRAAS mods running but it hasn't been an issue. That is until one of my save files started crashing all the time. It is one of my favorites and I don't want to lose it but I have no idea what to do now.

I checked my other files and they don't crash or have issues, but the specific one that does seems to crash every single time I go into map view. It runs just fine if I remain in the house and only click characters to fly to through town, but it's not really how I want to play. One second on map view and it crashes my game. No other file does that. (Sorry if I'm repeating myself, I'm writing in a rush and fury after testing multiple ways to run it). I've tried lowering graphics, turning off winter in my seasons just in case (since I've had other glitches in this save file in winter, but that's maybe for another time) and I just don't know what to do. I don't want to lose the household...please help Devil

Message 1 of 5 (360 Views)

@VastGlub  When you say you've turned off winter, do you mean it's now another season, or that it's still winter but the weather effects are off?  If you haven't changed the season, please do so now: open the cheats console (cmd-shift-C in this version) and enter testingcheatsenabled true , then shift-click the ground and change to summer.  Then use "save as" to rename the save, quit, delete the five cache files in your Sims 3 user folder, reload, and test.  For reference, the files are:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

If this doesn't help, try running a MasterController town reset.  You can do so from an in-game computer: click on it and select NRaas > MC > Town Options > Reset Everything.  Once it's finished, which may take a few real-time minutes, let the game clock run for a few sim-minutes, then "save as" and rename the save, quit, delete the cache files, reload, and test.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 5 (342 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict Thank you for responding! I'm sorry I've been slow as I've been working and haven't had a chance to hop on my computer much.

But the current season I'm in is either summer or spring (I don't remember there being much rain so probably summer) so I know it shouldn't be a factor now. And I have completely turned off winter. I have actually tried before deleted the different files and resaving the game, but I have not tried a town reset! I'm in the process now. One question, hopefully this doesn't sound stupid, but I go to the computer and NRAAs and I don't see an MC option? What exactly is MC, maybe I am just missing it? Thank you again for helping me !!!! 😭

Message 3 of 5 (319 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I figured out you mean Master Controller lol But yeah unfortunately I still don't have the option at the computer under Nraas
Message 4 of 5 (315 Views)

@VastGlub  You mentioned having NRaas mods installed, but is one of them MasterController?  If so, you should absolutely see it as an option under the NRaas menu.  But I think there might be two NRaas menus on the computer, one that allows you to access commands for your installed NRaas mods and another that only gives a couple options relating to the computer as an object.  Point is, please check both.

If the MC town reset doesn't work either, I could try loading the save on my computer, that is if you're comfortable sharing it.  In that case, let me know what expansion and stuff packs you have installed as well as any EA store worlds, and if the save takes place in a custom world, let me know where I can find it.  You can upload the save to the third-party filesharing site of your choice (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) and either send me the link or post it here.  I'm not sure I can fix the world, but it's simple enough to try.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 5 (293 Views)