Something Is Wrong

by Wimsiee

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Something Is Wrong

★ Apprentice

I just reinstalled my game, and weird things have been happening. For instance, I go to save, and the option to do so doesn't show up. I click on it, it makes the sound like I clicked on it, but the menu doesn't show up. Some buttons on the bottom do the same thing. I can't see my Sim's skills, and certain things are acting the same way. I can see their needs and how they're doing at work, but nothing else. Another issue is sometimes those work fine, but then other things won't work. I go to switch Sims, and the bar at the bottom acts like i haven't switched and stays on the first Sim. The Plumbob goes over to the selected Sim, but the bar at the bottom still says I'm on the previously selected Sim. (I hope that makes sense). There was also a time I went to Manage Worlds, and the screen went black. I could see the thought clouds of the sims and some of the option bars, but everything else was black with no sound. I have repaired the game several times through Origin, but nothing seems to work. If I go to the map, and go back, it fixes itself for a couple of seconds before messing up again. PLEASE HELP!! 
I am playing on a Macbook Air

Message 1 of 9 (547 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Something Is Wrong

@Wimsiee 

Ok, let's try a completely new clean game. Move your whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop, repair the game in Origin then try and load it. It will be like new again so play a new household for a little bit to see how it performs. Please let me know and we can go on from there Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (493 Views)

All Replies

@Wimsiee

Do you have any UI mods installed? Is your issue like this? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/POSSIBLE-BUG-UI-glitches-and-greyed-out-menus-after-A...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 2 of 9 (539 Views)

★ Apprentice

No, nothing looks like that. Nothing is weird and glitched out looking like that. As for UI mods, I'm not sure.

Message 3 of 9 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

UPDATE
Now my game isn't working AT ALL. It loads and comes up with an error that says: "The game failed to load". I really don't understand what's happening to my game..

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 10.59.13 PM.png

Message 4 of 9 (513 Views)

@Wimsiee 

Ok, let's try a completely new clean game. Move your whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop, repair the game in Origin then try and load it. It will be like new again so play a new household for a little bit to see how it performs. Please let me know and we can go on from there Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 9 (494 Views)

★ Apprentice

So far it's working pretty well. I don't know if it was a Mod or something. If it was, I have no idea how to figure out which one it is.

Message 6 of 9 (478 Views)

@Wimsiee 

Great! To test the CC/Mods, move your CC back in in batches, loading the game after each batch to see if it still works. When it stops working you know there is dodgy CC in that last batch. Move out that batch and test each piece one by one until your game stops working again. It's laborious but the only way to check all your CC.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 9 (469 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Thank you very much. You've been very helpful!
Message 8 of 9 (452 Views)

@Wimsiee

You're very welcome Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 9 (422 Views)