Some of my Sims 4 CC won't show up

by jasperizzie

Original Post

Some of my Sims 4 CC won't show up

★★ Novice

Hi there! I have a couple cc on my game already, and they show up. However I have some that won't such as tattoos. I'm not sure why they won't show up, but my other cc I have downloaded shows up in my game. Please help. 

Message 1 of 8 (2,036 Views)

Re: Some of my Sims 4 CC won't show up

Champion

@jasperizzie , just trying to clarify so we can help you. So you have some CC that shows up ok and works fine and other CC that does not even appear in the game. You obviously have the "Show CC" option checked, so that can't be the problem. 

Did you unzip the new CC so that each of these pieces ends in the ".package" extension? Check your Mods folder and make sure that all your CC ends in this extension. And pieces that do not, must be uncompressed by a program like "Stuffit Expander" for example. 

Please respond back. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (2,019 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi there! Thank you for responding. The files that won't show up have the .package at the end. They also show up on the cc list that pops up when you start up the game as well. However they don't show up in the character creation. 

Message 3 of 8 (2,006 Views)

Champion

Odd....

Ok, try this. Move your entire Sims 4 folder (Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims 4) to your Desktop and do NOT delete it! This is where your saved games are stored. Start up the game and allow for a new Sims 4 folder to generate. Remember that none of your Saved Games or CC will show up at this time as they are safe on your Desktop. Also make sure to check the "Show CC/Mods" button before exiting the game. 

Next find one of the tattoos that did not show up in your game (either in your Mods folder on your Desktop or just download another copy) and add it to your new Sims 4 folder and start up the game again, trying to create a new Sim this time to see if the CC shows up this time. If it shows up ok this time, you can add back your CC and saved games to your new folder in Documents after exiting one more time. Something may have not properly recognized the new CC and it's best to clear out the data allowing the game to regenerate new folders and files. 

Please keep me updated. 

Message 4 of 8 (1,991 Views)

★★ Novice

I followed your instructions, however the cc still won't show up in game. Maybe it is the cc itself? The first picture is what it shows me at the start of the game. The rest are just the tattoo category in game. 

Message 5 of 8 (1,983 Views)

Champion

@jasperizzie , did you check other categories? Like say "Accessories" or "Tops" for example? Maybe they were placed in the wrong category by the creator. Please check and respond back. Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (1,966 Views)

★★ Novice

I did check every category, but I still don't see the item. I'm not sure what to do now. Should I contact the creator of the cc and ask? 

Message 7 of 8 (1,947 Views)

Champion

@jasperizzie I would. Perhaps it is something they forgot to do on their end to enable the CC to show up in game.

Message 8 of 8 (1,917 Views)