Snow not appearing on active lot?

by plumbobliving

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Snow not appearing on active lot?

★★★ Apprentice

Hi!

Has anyone noticed that when it snows, there is snow on the ground everywhere except the active lot? For example, at their house, there is snow, but if I were to zoom out, the snow is visible. If I then go to another lot, the park, for example, and zoom back down there is no snow on that lot, however there is snow at the lots that are further away.

Message 1 of 8 (2,165 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Snow not appearing on active lot?

[ Edited ]

@plumbobliving  I haven't seen exactly that, but someone reported a similar issue a couple weeks ago.  If you have advanced rendering disabled in graphics options, try enabling it and see whether it helps.  Change the setting at the Main Menu, and quit and restart the game before loading a save.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (2,151 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@plumbobliving  I haven't seen exactly that, but someone reported a similar issue a couple weeks ago.  If you have advanced rendering disabled in graphics options, try enabling it and see whether it helps.  Change the setting at the Main Menu, and quit and restart the game before loading a save.

Message 2 of 8 (2,152 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That fixed it! Thank you! Standard smile 

Message 3 of 8 (2,138 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I tried this method but it keeps crashing before I can get into game. Any other solutions?
Message 4 of 8 (1,895 Views)

@Jennym6  Do you have the same issue, snow not appearing on the active lot, as the original poster?  Does the game crash while loading only when Advanced Rendering is enabled?

Message 5 of 8 (1,891 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Game keeps crashing only when trying to open it with advancer rendering. The world is covered in snow so are places around town but everything is just white, not snow? Only when I zoom in I can see that it is snow. But say if I go to a lot that is not a rabbit hole only placed tiles have “snow” but they also just appear white. Whereas on terrain it is just green grass. All the other seasons and weather conditions work fine. This is in sunset valley with no mods installed Standard smile

Message 6 of 8 (1,889 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is a perfect example 

Message 7 of 8 (1,888 Views)

@Jennym6  I understand the issue, and it's an unfortunate result of the Advanced Rendering option being disabled.  When it's enabled, there's a separate issue, namely that whenever the snow depth is greater than zero, roads show through walls of any rendered building that isn't a rabbithole.  But that's beside the point.

When you enable Advanced Rendering, are you quitting to desktop after changing the setting and before trying to load a save?  Does it help if you delete options.ini, in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3, and try again?  If the game still crashes, please post the full specs of your computer: everything under About This Mac except for the serial number.

Message 8 of 8 (1,871 Views)