Skin details on sims missing in CAS

by natsubreeze

Original Post

Skin details on sims missing in CAS

★★★★ Novice

Operating System: macOS Mojave (10.14.5)
Model: iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro 570 4 GB
Mods? Yes.

I haven't played the sims since before University was released. I loaded up my save and everything looked good since the last time I played. I went to go into CAS for one of my families and saw that all of their skin details were stripped. However, when I am in live mode they have all of their skin details still intact. How is this possible? I even took out my gameplay mods and it still was happening. Their clothes, traits, etc are all fine, it's only the skin details that is giving me this issue. I'm guessing this is a bug or an unfortunate circumstance from an update they must have done, however I can't seem to find anyone else who is having this problem like me, so I'm not sure what I should do to fix this? This is the first time I've ever had this happen to me and I've been using cc for as long as I've been playing since sims 2. This problem applies to every single played sim in my save, by the way. I hope this can be fixed but I'm not sure how to even start to trying.

Message 1 of 6 (354 Views)

Re: Skin details on sims missing in CAS

@natsubreeze

This was a bug a few months ago that was fixed in September. Do you think this is your issue? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-MAC-Tattoos-and-Skin-Details-don-t-apply-to-all-outfits/...

What is your patch version of the game?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 6 (301 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello! My game is on the most recent patch. I update my game as soon as one is available.

I was aware of that happening with Mac, it also somewhat happened to me but my skin details were not completely wiped away and some did still carry over. However, this time it's different in that it's literally every skin detail in every single option for everyday, sleep, etc etc that is gone in CAS right when I open it up. I tried to both edit the family from world view and also when in live mode going to modify CAS. Both times gave me the same problem. I even tried to go back one save and it still happened. I'm not sure how to fix this, it would be very unfortunate if I do have to go through all of my families and re-do their skin details (I've had this save for years now).

Message 3 of 6 (283 Views)

@natsubreeze

Thanks for the info, really helpful Standard smile Have you tried repairing your game in Origin?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 6 (243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yep, I have repaired my game a couple of times to see if that was the problem and unfortunately it didn't do anything. I'm so confused why this is happening.

Message 5 of 6 (196 Views)

@natsubreeze

Did you try the clean games folder? Move the entire Sims 4 folder to the desktop then launch a new clean game with non of your saves, mods, tray and previous settings.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 6 (171 Views)