Re: Sims4 is already running ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51

by skelling4t20n

Original Post

Re: MAC Origin says Sims4 is already running

★★ Novice

How do i create a new user under the same account? When I tried, the way I thought, it told me that they don't allow two adult users on the same account

Message 141 of 338 (1,019 Views)

★★ Novice

And when i tried to create a new "teenage" account it just said Oops, looks like the request wasn't sent to this person

Message 142 of 338 (1,011 Views)

@Katrinebf 

1. Create a new user account on your Mac https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mtusr001/mac
  2. Restart your Mac and log into the new account
  3. Open Origin
  4. Log into Origin using the login you have the game registered to

I think you're confusing the new Mac user account with your Origin account and they are two completely separate entities.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 143 of 338 (1,093 Views)

Re: Unable to start: The Sims™ 4 is already running.

★★★ Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-Ck7WDlv60

I made a short 1 minute video on how to fix this issue. 

Message 144 of 338 (1,371 Views)

The SIMS 4 will not open w/ Big Sur 11.4

★★ Newbie

Ever since I updated my Macbook to Big Sur 11.4, I have not been able to open up The Sims 4 on it.. I get an error code that states that "The Sims 4 is already in use" and thereafter there is an error code. I've googled this and it's not something new. I still want to utilize this game on my MacBook, but I'm not sure what to do next or where to go from here.. (?) H E L P ? > !

Message 145 of 338 (1,200 Views)

Re: The SIMS 4 will not open w/ Big Sur 11.4

@n0palandia

Can you post a screenshot?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 146 of 338 (1,163 Views)

Re: Sims4 is already running ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me ! I moved it out and sims opened right up. Thank you !! 

Message 147 of 338 (7,400 Views)

Re: The SIMS 4 will not open w/ Big Sur 11.4

★★★ Newbie

picture below

Message 148 of 338 (985 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey all Standard smile 

I'm having the same issue since I got my new laptop yesterday. I have the 2020 M1 macbook pro 13" with the touch bar and 2 thunderbolt ports running Big Sur 11.4. I transferred all my data from my old laptop onto my new one and that seems to have broken my game or something, every time I try and launch the game I just get the error message "Sims 4 is already running [ed35e0ea:29f00e76:00000000:18a1dd51]". I've trawled through the solutions and nothing has worked except running the game in a new user profile but I would just prefer to have the one admin profile. My old laptop was also running the same OS I'm pretty sure.

I have: 

- Moved my Sims 4 folder in documents to my desktop and deleted the Sims 4 folder but this doesn't generate a new folder. 

- Uninstalled the game (multiple times), reset origin, deleted origin, restarted my computer, reinstalled origin, reinstalled the game (multiple times)

- Launched the game in my second user profile, copied the EA folder onto a USB and pasted into my admin profile

- I have Bitdefender but it never interfered with my game on my old laptop. I've checked the blocked apps and the documents and made sure origin and sims aren't blocked

- Changed the location of my game installs from my user profile to my laptops applications hard drive 

- Tried launching the game from the application on my computer and origin

Any help would be heaps appreciated! I wanted to keep my old saves so I've got them saved on my desktop and on a USB

Cheers!

Message 149 of 338 (1,010 Views)

★★ Novice
@IndiaW I also don't have any CC and I had some mods but they weren't enabled/I've deleted them from the folder.
Message 150 of 338 (1,022 Views)