Sims wont open: error message saying origin isn't open when it is.

by Jeongstwin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims wont open: error message saying origin isn't open when it is.

★★ Novice

Hi! So I've been trying to open my sims for a few hours now and it keeps saying the same thing. It'll open and just stay on a black screen before crashing with an error message. It was working perfectly fine yesterday so I'm not sure what's wrong. "Unable to start; Origin is not running, please make sure you are running origin before playing sims." When my origin is indeed open, I tried taking out mods and cc, repairing the game, and even deleting origin and installing it again. Nothing worked, I'm not sure what to do now. 

Message 1 of 2 (562 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims wont open: error message saying origin isn't open when it is.

@Jeongstwin 

Deleting Origin still leaves behind a load of installation files which can affect a new install. Run the Origin reset tool then try again.

Also try a completely new clean game folder - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (502 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims wont open: error message saying origin isn't open when it is.

@Jeongstwin 

Deleting Origin still leaves behind a load of installation files which can affect a new install. Run the Origin reset tool then try again.

Also try a completely new clean game folder - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (503 Views)