Re: Sims won't age since the newest update

by JessicaMeigs

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims won't age since the newest update

★★ Novice

So I opened up EA Origin and saw there was a Sims update. It updated, and now my Sims won't age. I'm having to go into CAS and manually age them up, which is going to be an issue because, you know, they won't die. I'm not sure what to do, and the few "solutions" I've seen online haven't worked. Has anybody else run into this? And what did you do to fix it?

Message 1 of 2 (5,548 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

Okay, I figured it out! (Wow, that was quick!) And I'm posting the solution here in case someone else runs into this issue after the latest patch update.

If your Sims aren't aging (like, the aging bar is staying gray and they don't have birthdays on the calendar), go under "Game Options" and "Gameplay" and make sure "Auto Age" is turned on on the option you want. It looks like the last patch update they sent out earlier this week turned that option off for some reason.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (5,534 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Okay, I figured it out! (Wow, that was quick!) And I'm posting the solution here in case someone else runs into this issue after the latest patch update.

If your Sims aren't aging (like, the aging bar is staying gray and they don't have birthdays on the calendar), go under "Game Options" and "Gameplay" and make sure "Auto Age" is turned on on the option you want. It looks like the last patch update they sent out earlier this week turned that option off for some reason.

Message 2 of 2 (5,535 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help