by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims in very dark shadow

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Get Famous, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, First Pet, Kids room stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure, visit different lots perhaps.
What happens when the bug occurs? Noticed it most often when visiting other lots.
What do you expect to see? Normal shading.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

N11-29-18_10-59-35 PM.png

My Sim was visiting a household lot. The view from the other side looking towards the house I could see them all, they were all in normal light. But when I turned the camera the other way, with the house behind the Sims are all really dark so I can hardly see them.. They are also dark all over, rather than just one side of the body, as you would be when standing in shade. You'd be lighter on one side and slightly shaded on the other. I thought that it could be due to the house being behind them, casting a shadow. But if so it's making them extremely dark, and it only seems to affect them and not any other objects. 

It's possible that this started to happen after I installed Seasons, as that was the most recent expansion pack I purchased. I don't seem to remember seeing it before then. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,405 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims in very dark shadow

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

So sorry for not getting back to you. Been having a really hectic time since my first post, and then I completely forgot about my issue.

I think it was my mod that was causing the problem. I turned it off and that seemed to resolve it, and then when a newer version came out, I didn't have any further problems with the dark shadows.

Thank you for your original help and time! Much appreciated Standard smile

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,089 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Hi @SparklyB

do you have this on all your lots and with all your Sims ? What kind of custom content were you using before removing ? Any custom skins or anything of that kind ?

Could you post your Mac's specs

To find the info about your Mac click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop then select About This Mac

Can you also try repairing your game and deleting your localthumbcache.package file in documents\electronicarts\thesims4 \ ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,377 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I was using MCCC and MC WooHoo. No custom skins.

Mac Specs are:

MacBook Pro 2012

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1 GB

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

I repaired my game recently and I'd had the same problem before and after the repair, so it didn't change.

I don't have it on all lots with all Sims. I played for a little while again tonight, with no unusual shading. It pops up from time to time but I just haven't posted about it before. I will look out for it again and reply if it happens. 

Message 3 of 8 (1,360 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SparklyB

I have a Mac with the same spec as you, could you upload a save so I can test it?

You could also manually update your NVIDIA GPU. Not normally something we’d do on a Mac but the increase in performance is great with the 650M. I’ve written a step by step guide here - https://bluebellflora.com/manually-update-nvidia-geforce-graphics-drivers-in-os-x/

Also, which version of macOS are you runnning?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 8 (1,333 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora

I've never uploaded a save before. How do I go about it? Standard smile

I'm running High Sierra 10.13.2, I haven't updated to 13.6 yet.....whoops! 

Message 5 of 8 (1,304 Views)

@SparklyB

Go into your Saves folder and upload the most recent save with the issue, it will be something like Slot_00000003.save

Upload to my Mediafire folder here http://www.mediafire.com/filedrop/filedrop_hosted.php?drop=de462b164f0f0f0f0eae92354aea140e6aace4c6b...

Could you let me know which lot it's happening on?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,292 Views)

@SparklyB

Did you manage to resolve this?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 8 (1,240 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

So sorry for not getting back to you. Been having a really hectic time since my first post, and then I completely forgot about my issue.

I think it was my mod that was causing the problem. I turned it off and that seemed to resolve it, and then when a newer version came out, I didn't have any further problems with the dark shadows.

Thank you for your original help and time! Much appreciated Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (1,090 Views)