Re: Sims freeze but time carries on

by shellyshai

Original Post

Sims freeze but time carries on

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle // Get Famous // Seasons // Cats & Dogs // City Living // Get to Work // Realm of Magic // Parenthood // Vampires // Tiny Living // Fitness // Bowling Night
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up the game and try to give the sim a task.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the game loads, if you give a sim a task to do, they will freeze and not do the task, but the time will continue to pass. If sims are asleep, they will not wake, even if the sleep is interrupted manually. Eventually, the Mac instructs you to force quit the game because there is no more memory for it.
What do you expect to see? Gameplay without freezing and sims completing tasks when requested.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Nothing to add

Message 1 of 9 (439 Views)

Hero
@shellyshai Did you have a winterfest at some point in your game between the November and the December patch ?

Coudl this fit your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-Freezing-because-of-Father-Winter-Aftermath-Patch-1-69-57... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (402 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict Hi, yes I did. I originally had the father winter issue (i.e. he never arrived on Winterfest, and then from that point my game would regularly freeze and the time would freeze with it). But recently, the time does not freeze anymore, so I'm not sure if it is the same issue. I think this started happening after the December patch, but I can't say for sure.

Message 3 of 9 (387 Views)

Hero
@shellyshai Does it happen on another save that didn't have issues too ?

Frozen Sims are usually a dead-lock somewhere.

Can you press anything when the Sims are frozen ? Usually it can be resolved by removing task from Sims or clicking ESC and going to the map

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (363 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

@crinrict I didn't have any other previous saves, but I've just made a new one and that's working fine. I can open the calendar, relationships, traits and things like that, but I can't select any options within them, and removing the task doesn't appear to do anything. I'll have to try opening the map, if I can, though.

Message 5 of 9 (342 Views)

Hero
@shellyshai Have you tried a game repair yet ?

Might need to move this to the mac forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (333 Views)

Hero
@shellyshai Has your issue been resolved with the current patch ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (292 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict Hi, sorry I had just given up on this save because I couldn't find a solution. I went and checked it today to see if it had been fixed, and it froze again. I think I'll just have to abandon it, thank you for your help though Standard smile

Message 8 of 9 (276 Views)

Hero
@shellyshai Sounds like the save corrupted then. Sorry to hear.

I'm moving this to the mac forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (267 Views)