Sims crashing 'no disc found'

by oliviaerensimmer

Original Post

Sims crashing 'no disc found'

★★ Newbie

Hello
I have a lot of expansion packs and they all have worked perfectly fine since 2012 (on my macbook) but since semtember 2016 everytime I have reached the point of choosing a family to play/creating a new one, it crashes and says "No sims paradise island disc found", but it is in there and I've had the disc cleaned by a machine. I have tried many times but same thing happens. I thought about uninstalling all of the packets and then installing them again, but I've lost the codes to several of them, so they would be lost forever. I dont know what to do, because I love the sims, but I dont fancy buying 10 new games or a new computer. Please help me.

Message 1 of 2 (124 Views)

Re: Sims crashing 'no disc found'

@oliviaerensimmer

The only solution is to register your games on Origin (or at least your most recent EP/SP), uninstall the disc version of said EP then download the EP from Origin. For that you will need the code. There is a whole thread dedicated to the disc error thread here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/CURRENT-ISSUE-The-Sims-3-Disc-Authorisation-No-Disc-Errors/m-p...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (109 Views)