Sims are freezing doing tasks but time continues

by xl0ren

Original Post

Sims are freezing doing tasks but time continues

★★ Novice

My sims keep freezing whenever they are doing a task, but the time keeps running. Pets are fine, and the town is fine, too (cars still passing, birds still flying)

If I reset my sims and make them walk they will walk, but the moment they wash their hands, use the bathroom, eat, watch tv, anything, they will freeze doing that task and be stuck that way and all the sims in the house will also be stuck in the middle of whatever they were doing.

This happens when I immediately open the game or 10-15 minutes into the game

I have tried resetting everyone and doing a hard reset but neither worked

i tried evicting my household and putting them on an empty lot, then putting them back into the house but it seems to only work for about 10 minutes

I tried to repair the game through origin 3 times but it didn't work 

I also lowered my graphic settings but that didn't work either

If it matters, I am playing on a 2015 Macbook Pro 

2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

I've  never had a problem playing the game and I haven't downloaded any CC in months. The only mod I have is MC Command Center

I feel like this started happening a day after I purchased the laundry day stuff pack

Message 1 of 3 (471 Views)

Re: Sims are freezing doing tasks but time continues

★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to me. I did not get Laundry Day, though. I am on the most updated version of Sims 4. I have recently purchased Cats and Dogs and Get Together. I do have a lot of my mods on my game but used Mod Conflict Detector and nothing was wrong there. I am on the HP 15 Notebook PC with Intel Pentium. 

Message 2 of 3 (429 Views)

Re: Sims are freezing doing tasks but time continues

★★ Novice

I kept messing with it and the only thing that seems to temporarily fix it is to put the sims on a different lot. But the problem comes back after about 2-4 sim days. So I've just been switching lots over and over just to play the game.

Message 3 of 3 (414 Views)