Sims Medieval won't launch on mac (0x0175dcbb)

by maureenblok

Original Post

Sims Medieval won't launch on mac (0x0175dcbb)

★★ Novice

Hello,

I have just bought the sims medieval, but when it was done installing it and it said I needed to fill in the code nothing popped up. I tried to launch the game and it just gave this error:

Unable to launch game. Server initiallation failed (0x0175dcbb)

I have tried everything on this website but i am not able to make it work Frown 

Please help me!

Message 1 of 3 (1,729 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval won't launch on mac (0x0175dcbb)

★ Novice

Hi,

There sadly isn't any new solution as i have the same troubles you are experiencing, I have just switched to my old desktop (windows 10) and i dont even know if i can run it. EA hasn't tried to fic this problem as far as im aware. I was really excited to play it when i got it today but it is what it is.

Sorry I cant help,

Georgia Frown

Message 2 of 3 (1,454 Views)

Re: Sims Medieval won't launch on mac (0x0175dcbb)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@maureenblok did you try the following steps? This is copied from another post I wrote on a similar subject. I would uninstall Sims Medieval and reset Origin before trying these steps. Make sure to do a manual uninstall like Sims 3 as both games share a similar architecture. https://bluebellflora.com/how-to-do-a-clean-uninstall-and-reinstall-on-a-mac/

"You wanted to know the steps that @tygereyes812 took to fix their game. I have copied their response from their post and will break it out into steps for you.

"I was able to fix it by first installing everything, then repairing origin, and then installing the base game alone (which gave me a different error code frequently mentioned on the boards here). After that I repaired origin again, launched the game to get the error code, disabled origin in-game while the error code window was opened, closed the error window, repaired origin a third time, downloaded Pirates and Nobles to get the original "Unable to start game Service initialization failed (0x039e8474)" error code, repaired origin a 4th time, cleared the cache one last time, and launched the game successfully. "

1) Install the game.

2) Repair Origin. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

3) Install Base game alone.

4) Repair Origin again.

5) Launch game, disable Origin In Game while Error code window is open and then close the Error code window. Also clear cache files from Documents > Electronic Arts > Sims Medieval.

6) Repair Origin for a third time.

7) Download and install Pirates and Nobles.

8) Repair Origin for a fourth time and clear the cache files one more time.

Note: Files to clear all end in "cache" and there should be three of them. "

Please advise if this works for you or not. We may need your computer specs found under the Apple Logo in the upper left hand corner. DO NOT include your serial number.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 3 of 3 (1,439 Views)