Sims Medieval Won't Launch on Mac

by myers5959

Original Post

Re: Sims Medieval Won't Launch on Mac

★★ Novice

i did as you suggested and the launcher still only half loaded?

Message 71 of 126 (6,537 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! You are amazing!

Message 72 of 126 (6,375 Views)

[ Edited ]

Here are the links to the updated patches that work (I've tested it myself). Make sure you download the relevant patch for your game, e.g whether you are playing the game from the physical disc or digital download:

Disc version - http://lvlt.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/simsmedieval/mac/To-6847-2.0.114.00001.tgz

Digital Download - http://lvlt.thesims.cdn.ea.com/sims/u/f/simsmedieval/mac/To-6847-2.0.114.00107.tgz

For further help and information on the patch please read the EA FAQ - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Medieval/The-Sims-Medieval-Troubleshooting-FAQ/td-p/2556704#3

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 73 of 126 (18,867 Views)

★★★ Newbie

where is that line?? 

Message 74 of 126 (6,088 Views)

@lazzas5

What line?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 75 of 126 (6,088 Views)

★★★ Newbie

meowmeowx3 wrote:
"I tried everything I've read here till I found a solution else where. I was shocked it works but here it is
Right click the game icon click show package contents or something like that then click the folder contents and there will be a file called info.plist click open it in text editor and find the line that says cedegaGameName then change the last part to read TSM.exe instead of SMLauncher.exe don't change anything else quit that and it should work just fine "

i can't find that line 
i think I'm going crazy right now 

Message 76 of 126 (6,086 Views)

@lazzas5

Ah ok. Well, it's there, @meowmeowx3's instructions are correct . With the Info.plist open hold down CTRL and press F to bring up the search bar, then type in cedega.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 77 of 126 (6,082 Views)

just bought sims 3 MEDIEVAL AND IT DOESN'T WORK

★★★ Newbie

just bought sims 3 medieval and it doesn't work. the launch window is diaphanous, there is no button "start". what the hell?

Message 78 of 126 (5,871 Views)

Re: just bought sims 3 MEDIEVAL AND IT DOESN'T WORK

[ Edited ]

Hi @vorobevadiana,

Sadly I don't understand Russian. What does the error message say?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 79 of 126 (5,866 Views)

Sims Medieval says "activation failed an internal error occurred on the server."

★★★ Newbie

I have the online version of Sims Medieval and had it working on my old PC. I now want to use it on my Mac laptop. Sims 4 and 3 work fine, but Sims Medieval won't. I went through the installation process and verified the serial number there but then when I go to launch it it asks for it again. I copy and paste the SAME code that worked before, but then it just loads and then says 

"Activation Failed

An internal error occurred on the server. Click the 'Retry button to restart the activation process or click 'Exit' to abort."

I looked around for an answer and couldn't find one. I also uninstalled and reinstalled the game two times but it still won't work. 

Here are the messages it gives me when I open it:

Message 80 of 126 (5,880 Views)