Re: Sims Autonomy Causing System Crashes

by rin_tokki

Original Post

Sims Autonomy Causing System Crashes

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions Packs, Dine Out, Laundry Day, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, and the Two free Stuff Packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This has occurred randomly when bringing the sim back home from either a run or running a business.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim's Autonomy creates an overload of actions for the sim. If the sim for instance is hungry it'll create hundreds of actions for the sim to eat leftovers and will eventually overload the game. When coming back home AND when the sims is in need of something. EX: Needing to use restroom, needing to eat, or bath etc.
What do you expect to see? For my game to not create hundreds of actions for sim.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Version prior to this most recent patch update. as of 2/05/2020

Currently have not been able to get a bug report since the game overloads and causes to continuously load my computer who is trying to keep up with the game system. Current Mac version is 

macOS Catalina Ver. 10.15.2 
iMac (Retina 5k, 27inch, 2017)
Processor 3.4 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
Memory 8GB 2400MHz DDR4
Startup Disk Macintosh HD
Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4gb

Message 1 of 4 (301 Views)

★★★ Novice

UPDATE: After filling out the report I decided to go back into the game that had been caused by the crash. It is now gone from my save files. Will attempt to recover and adding this as part of the issue. 

Message 2 of 4 (298 Views)

Hero
@rin_tokki Moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting help with the crashes.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (271 Views)

@rin_tokki

Interesting! You haven't got any Mods installed that alter Sim behaviour or autonomy have you?

For the save disappearing, is it just that one save or all of them?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (260 Views)