Re: Sims 4 wont launch

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 wont launch

★★★ Newbie

My Sims 4 won't launch on Origin. It thinks about it for a minute and then goes back to the same screen. When I move my mods folder, it launches. (at least when I downloaded Origin again) I've tried to repair the game, update it, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled Origin. I've deleted the cache folder and moved the Sims 4 to my desktop and back to my Electronic Arts folder. I'm hesitating to delete my mods folder, any alternatives?

Message 1 of 2 (399 Views)

Accepted Solution

@behind_therosebu

If your game works without your Mods folder then you have outdated/incompatible mods. Move them all out and then back in in small batches, testing the game after each batch. When it breaks you know that the batch just added has incompatible CC in it. Test each piece individually until you find the culprit.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (386 Views)

All Replies

@behind_therosebu

If your game works without your Mods folder then you have outdated/incompatible mods. Move them all out and then back in in small batches, testing the game after each batch. When it breaks you know that the batch just added has incompatible CC in it. Test each piece individually until you find the culprit.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (387 Views)