Sims 4 won’t update

by ketchupmacaroni

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won’t update

★★★ Novice

Hi this has been an issue for several days. That picture keeps coming up and it won’t let me download it. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled origin, reset origin multiple times, I have admin rights on my mac to download, I’ve repaired the sims multiple times and I’ve uninstalled the sims. Someone said uninstalling the sims will ultimately fix the problem, obviously it did not. I just want to play the sims, I have for days i’m desperate and obviously I’m willing to do anything for it to work. please help!! EA9CA9BD-3E4F-4807-8BB7-D4B4328CEC2B.jpeg

Message 1 of 6 (891 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 won’t update

★★★ Novice

Ok actually I changed my folder after reinstalling origin to my other applications folder and it worked. Thank you for your help!! 

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (734 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

i’ve also tried changing download location but nothing will work 

Message 2 of 6 (880 Views)

@ketchupmacaroni

It may be this issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Download-error-Origin-is-not-able-to-download-Sims-4-...

Please can you try the suggestions in that post and let me know what works for you Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 6 (827 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi I just tried all of the things suggested but none of th em worked. I had tried all before except finding the dip staged folder, I went through everything and could not find it. I finally uninstalled and reinstalled origin aswell as the sims before hand. The sims will not even download at this point and these images come up now. I’m literally just trying to download them into my applications folder I don’t know what to do 

Message 4 of 6 (756 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok actually I changed my folder after reinstalling origin to my other applications folder and it worked. Thank you for your help!! 

Message 5 of 6 (735 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem. I don't want to lose my saves. Is there any other way?

Message 6 of 6 (589 Views)