Re: Sims 4 won't start no matter what I try

by loghill2

Original Post

Sims 4 won't start no matter what I try

★ Novice

My sims 4 won't start at all right now. I've tried nearly everything...

I have an old iMac (2011) that runs High Sierra, and I do have the legacy edition. I've had this issue before but it has always started working sooner or later. Cause every time I try to start it it just shuts down and I have to go in and force quit the program cause it's not responding. I have had it for several years now on this computer but it wasn't until the legacy edition it started to really mess up. 

This is what I've tried and so far nothing have made it work.

-restart origin

-restart the computer

-repair the game

-downloaded origins reset tool

-reinstall origin

-reinstall sims

As shown in the screen picture, I have to shut it down manually bc it freezes. And often the screen is just black, but sometimes it get that first snap of the sims logo startup. 

Does anyone have a solution for this? Or am I just doomed to not having my sims work... Frown

Message 1 of 3 (363 Views)

@loghill2

Go into Documents > Electronic Arts and move the Sims 4 Legacy Edition folder to your desktop then launch the game. Does it launch properly? It will be like new with none of your saved games as they are in the folder you moved.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (332 Views)

★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Hi, i’m gonna try this and update if it worked or not. I’m working at the moment so I don’t have access to my computer right now. But thanks !
Message 3 of 3 (319 Views)