Sims 4 won't play or update on Origin [MAC]

by Finch3073

Original Post

Sims 4 won't play or update on Origin [MAC]

★★ Novice

I cannot play the Sims 4 at all Frown

Recently Origin automatically updated and since then I have not been able to click play on my Sims 4 game. The play button is greyed out so I can't click it at all. When I hover over the Sims 4 icon it comes up with an option to update, but when I click update now it doesn't work.

So I read some other threads and found that it was suggested that I uninstall Origin and re-install it. So I did this and now it appears that it is trying to update but frozen or something? There is an orange bar in the top right hand corner that is probably a quarter of the way progressed but doesn't seem to be moving! When I click update now, it still is not working! And i STILL can't click play!

What can I do! Frown

Message 1 of 4 (2,921 Views)

Re: Sims 4 won't play or update on Origin [MAC]

@Finch3073

Please try this - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (2,901 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for your response!
Okay I've tried that but now it comes up with an install button and when i click install it says installing than installation complete, but the install button remains and does not come up with a play button Frown it just lets me keep installing it over and over Frown
Message 3 of 4 (2,863 Views)

@Finch3073

Urgh, how annoying. Have you tried launching the game from within your Applications folder rather than Origin?

Can you try the reset Origin tool too - http://help.ea.com/uk/article/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (2,852 Views)