Re: Sims 4 won't open on my macbook pro!

by kelseyyyy224

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 won't open on my macbook pro!

★★★ Novice

At first I thought the problem was mods. I removed them all and Sims still will not open. I click it, it turns to a black screen for about five seconds, then the color wheel comes on and it says sims 4 not responding and I have to force quit it. I used to play on windows until I downloaded it to my new mac. I've tried so many things that people say to do and nothing will work. I spent hundreds of dollars on expansion packs and game packs. The EA help chat doesn't work either! Someone please help me!!!!!

Message 1 of 9 (925 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Nevermind! I got it to work!! Thank you for sending me that link. I had to disable origin in game!

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (823 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora since this is a Mac issue.

@kelseyyyy224 Your posting will be moved to the Sims Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 9 (903 Views)

Community Manager

@jpkarlsen@kelseyyyy224

Thread moved!

barry.png
Message 3 of 9 (869 Views)

Champion

Simply moving or removing Mods/CC from the Sims 4 folder does not always solve the problem. You should always move the entire Sims 4 to your Desktop to allow the game to generate a new folder. Do Not delete the folder on your Desktop as that is where your saved games are safely stored at the moment. 

Please try this to allow the game to generate a new Sims 4 folder as something in the old one may be corrupt and not responding.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 9 (860 Views)

★★★ Novice

Do I put the old one back in? I don't have anything saved on it anyways.

Message 5 of 9 (854 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did what you said and tried to play, but it didn't work.

Message 6 of 9 (851 Views)

Champion

So the game doesn't start at all now. 

You might need to repair the game. Here are instruction on how to do so. Also move and trash the new Sims 4 folder as long as you do not have any saved games in it.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/461...

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 7 of 9 (841 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've already repaired the game dozens of times. For some reason (I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it) but my sims isn't in the applications folder.

Message 8 of 9 (829 Views)

★★★ Novice

Nevermind! I got it to work!! Thank you for sending me that link. I had to disable origin in game!

Message 9 of 9 (824 Views)