Re: Sims 4 won’t launch

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 won’t launch

★ Novice

I have been trying to launch sims 4 on my mac all day but it just won’t work. I go to origin, go on sims 4, and press play. The sims 4 logo will bounce up and down on my dock then go away. I have tried so many things. Restarting my mac, reinstalling origin, etc. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 1 of 9 (831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine’s telling me I have an update and its not updating at all. The progress bar doesn’t even show up. I tried repair too and that didn’t work either. I have windows 10

Message 2 of 9 (807 Views)

★ Novice

Same for me except on the mac I have been trying to figure out all day I even just reinstalled it again and it didn’t work

Message 3 of 9 (801 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@avaer9

For your problem please ask in the Sims Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 9 (790 Views)

Hero

@avaer9 moved your thread to the Mac forum

@FlirtyPear you might wanna open your own thread in the tech PC forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (776 Views)

@avaer9  You can try running the Origin reset tool for macs, and then repairing the game.  (To see the repair option, right-click on the TS4 icon in your Origin library.)  It may also help to disable Origin in-game.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 6 of 9 (765 Views)

★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  -  I just tried that and it didn’t work so now i’m updating my whole mac

Message 7 of 9 (757 Views)

★ Novice

What do you mean by “moved to thread?”

Message 8 of 9 (756 Views)

@avaer9  Okay, an update may fix the problem, but if it doesn't, it would still be worth repairing the game in Origin and disabling Origin in-game.  You can also read Bluebellflora's guide to solving your issue for more things to try:

https://bluebellflora.com/2018/02/25/sims-4-bouncing-in-dock-but-not-opening/

Crinrict was saying that your post would be moved to the dedicated mac forum, as many issues with TS4 are mac-specific and don't overlap with the Windows users on the other TS4 forum.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 9 of 9 (746 Views)