Re: Sims 4 won't install on mac after download

by roberta591

Original Post

Sims 4 won't install on mac after download

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I bought the game and installed Origin. It then took 28 hours to download onto Origin, and then wouldn't install. I then installed Yosemite on my mac, which took 8 hours, and had to re-install the Sims 4, which took over 30 hours this time. I then, uninstalled and reinstalled Origin, which took me a further 2 hours, restarted my computer, and did everything suggested in previous posts of the same problems. 

Still, Origin refuses to install the game. What can I do now? I have been trying to install this bloody game since Friday morning, and it's now Sunday night. I just want to play, please.

Message 1 of 8 (4,984 Views)

Champion

What are the specs of your Mac?

It sounds to me as if it is your internet connection. Does it take other programs long to download? If so, then you may have to find a faster connection to download everything to properly install. 

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 8 (4,918 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am on chat with EA support now, told them restarted, reinstalling and logging out and back in did not help and they have given me these instructions for mac users

Open the "Spotlight" by clicking on the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner of the desktop.
Type "Disk Utility" into the text field that appears.
Click on "Disk Utility" when it appears. This will open a new window.
Choose the Macintosh HD from the list of devices that will appear in the left margin of the new window.
Click on "Verify Disk Permissions".
After verifying permissions, click on "Repair Disk Permissions".
Verifying and Repairing Disk Permissions may take up to 30 minutes.
Run your game again after repairing disk permissions.

Message 3 of 8 (4,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

they told me to do the exact same thing, within some others but none helped me to get the game installed

Message 4 of 8 (3,410 Views)

@pbpamii

Can you provide more info about your Mac?

Click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop and select About This Mac. Please provide the following information (you may need to click on "More Info" depending on what operating system you're running:

- Operating System (Version)
- Mac model
- Processor
- Memory (RAM)
- Graphics

- Are you running any antivirus?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

No trabajo para EA, solo soy un jugador tratando de ayudar a otros jugadores. No respondo mensajes privados, Permite que otros puedan beneficiarse de la información.

I don't work for EA, I'm just a player like you, trying to help other players. I do not reply private messages.

Message 5 of 8 (3,379 Views)

Champion

Have you tried downloading in safe mode?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 6 of 8 (3,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you ever get it fixed?

Message 7 of 8 (1,610 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@3xpensivehugs @paddington_sim The Sims 4 is a LARGE download. If you have a slow ISP connection you'll be downloading for a while. If your using wifi it's going to be even worse. I suggest you open Origin and upper left find safe mode downloading in options and enable it. This adds a layer of data checking so your extremely long download doesn't go sideways. Item number 2 - how much free space do you have on your hard drive? AGAIN THE SIMS 4 IS A LARGE DOWNLOAD. Typically a download gets saved to a temporary file until the download is complete. THEN the file is copied to the destination. This means you need twice the size of the download and remember THIS IS A LARGE DOWNLOAD. Then I suspect the installer will un compress files and other assorted stuff and start the installation. WAIT - we are not done yet as the game will probably have to patch (after the install). It's actually not that bad unless your using your smart phone 3G (ouch).

Message 8 of 8 (1,598 Views)