Re: Sims 4 will open, but then quits by itself (Mac)

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sims 4 will open, but then quits by itself (Mac)

★ Novice

I'm on my Mac, and I've been trying to open TS4 for hours. Here's the whole story...

I wanted to get more CC in my game so I download some CC, put it in my "Mods" folder, all the normal stuff. When I thought I had enough CC, I went to go open TS4. Origin opened and it said I had to update the game. While it was updating, I was checking to see if there were any sales on any Expansion packs, stuff packs, and game packs. I tried getting the Get To Work but I realized I didn't have enough money to spend on it. So, when I gave up on trying to get promo codes to make it even cheaper so I could afford it, I went back into TS4. Everything was fine then, but when I went to go turn on my Mods and CC, I restart it since that's what I have to do. I closed it, the usual. I opened it back up again, did everything it does, but it quit by itself. Then apple gave me a pop-up saying "The Sims 4 quit unexpectedly," and gave me all the coding information about it. I tried re-opening multiple times but it still won't work. This has been going on for hours now, and all I want to do is my my Sims before I go back to school tomorrow! It's really frustrating.

Message 1 of 2 (3,710 Views)

Re: Sims 4 will open, but then quits by itself (Mac)

@christinstone18  Try running the Origin reset tool for macs, and then disabling Origin in-game.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/how-to-reset-origin-on-mac/

If that doesn't help, try dragging your entire TS4 game folder out of Documents and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game again, if it launches, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  If you can load and play a new save in this folder, you can start moving your content into it from your old folder.  Keep in mind that you may have downloaded some bad or out of date cc, or you might have content that's incompatible with the recent update, so you should test out your cc in batches.  When you confirm that one batch works in-game, you can set it aside and test the next batch.  Any batch that doesn't work will have to be split and retested until you've found the problem item(s).

If you can't get TS4 to launch even with a clean folder, please post back here and list your mac's specs as described in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-3-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/475...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (3,667 Views)