Re: Sims 4 will not load properly for game play

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 will not load properly for game play

★★★★★ Guide

I’ve restarted my game several times either through the home page or game library and nine times out of ten I have to exit and restart. The music gets all jumbled up and will not turn off in live mode. My game has a huge lag issue since the most recent update when loading and the first 15-20 minutes of game play. My sims keep teleporting to other areas of the lot because of the lag issues. When selecting a task my sims get hung up and will just stand/sit for hours (sim time) I have to cancel all tasks then reassign them. I’ve repaired my game several times and it hasn’t helped. I have all expansions/stuff packs outside of LGF. I’m tired of wasting hours trying to play a game then when it finally loads properly without issue I’ve lost all interest. I do not have any custom content or mods. What is the issue? How long before they fix the bugs? I’m certainly not spending anymore money on any additional packs if the game is going to act up 99% of them I try to play. 

Message 1 of 33 (969 Views)

Accepted Solution

@candiecoatediv

As @Tremayne4260 has pointed out, 4Gb RAM is on the low side. Upgrading to 8Gb RAM is super easy and something you can do yourself, if you're careful. You should install 2x 4Gb RAM chips. The exact spec of the chip needed is 204-pin PC3-12800 (1600 MHz) DDR3 SO-DIMM, here's a link to it on Amazon (you will need two). And here's a link to Apple's instructions - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201165#1 It should take no longer than 5 minutes, a bit more if you're super cautious.

But...... you are also severely hampered by the Intel 4000 graphics chip in your Mac which is not upgradeable. Lower all your graphics settings, don't have any CC, and be selective about the number of packs you install.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 16 of 33 (1,455 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please post a DxDiag. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
You can attach the txt file directly to your answer. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 33 (938 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Do you know where I can find info for a MAC? I have a MACBook pro. 

Message 3 of 33 (917 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Tagging @Bluebellflora since this is a Mac issue.

@candiecoatediv Your posting will be moved to the Sims Mac forum.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 33 (903 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I’m sorry I didn’t realize there was a separate forum. Thank you. 

Message 5 of 33 (890 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen How can I find my post so I can follow it to find out when an answer is provided. 

Message 6 of 33 (882 Views)

Champion (Retired)

The link to it will work.

Message 7 of 33 (868 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Where is the link? This thread is still under PC issues. I’ve looked in the Mac section and did not find my post. 

Message 8 of 33 (858 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen Okay I’ve gone all the way to page 4 which are posts from a month ago and I was unable to find it. 

Message 9 of 33 (854 Views)

Champion (Retired)

It has not been moved yet.

Message 10 of 33 (840 Views)